Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Return To Forever last night...

Jode

:freak:

:eek:

:thu:

:rawk:

:D

That's all I can muster, really. I'm sure your imaginations can fill in the rest. Give it a few days to sink in, and maybe I'll be able to actually talk about it. Oh. Mah. GAWD.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be the one. Aw, DAMN. Put in your own caption. I'm still speechless.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Actually, Phil, you posted the wrong clip:

:freak:

Les Paul

Okay, I think I can finally talk about it. Whew.

I've seen some good concerts, and I've seen some great concerts, but I don't think I've ever seen the like of this show. I've never seen such a confluence of virtuosity, creativity, and chemistry onstage before. Each player was operating at a stunning level of musicianship, but this was no mechanical chops-fest. This was four geniuses occupying a very special place inside some challenging music, making some real magic happen and playing their ASSES off.

And after twenty five years apart, this is what it sounded like after two days of rehearsals and four shows. :freak: They absolutely picked up where they left off. And the music itself, which may have actually sounded more dated ten years ago, was farm fresh. Lenny White at one point thanked the crowd for coming to see an instrumental band "in this era of boy bands. Well, this ain't no boy band. It's a man band." And you bet your hat they played like MEN.

Stunning. Brilliant. Superlative. Superhuman. Glorious. Mind-boggling. Jaw-dropping. Awesome. Badass. Sick. Destroy. Killer. F'in A, man! Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Shall I go on? :rawk:

Les Paul

Archived