Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Support Portugal in the Euro 2008

DavidMPires

Football...I personally dont see the interest in watching men run about kicking a ball....

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would personally like to thank you for not going into detail about what you do like to watch men do.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

The US Men's National Team looked anemic again last night, but Spain did not look much better. They have such a deep squad and real quality. I blame the manager.

Oh, and David, looks like your captain really does want to go to Madrid. I wonder if Real will pony up the £100,000,000 transfer fee and the £300,000-a-week salary.

Which team do you support Phil...let me guess West Ham? Spurs?...
Munchen-Gladbach?

Football...I personally dont see the interest in watching men run about kicking a ball....
That being the case, Karl, let me offer for your consideration:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/cft3/redsoxlogo.jpg

Greetings from sunny land (read Portugal)

everything is fine here and i´m loving my holidays. Better yet after yesterday´s match...what a show of football. We show that we are candidates to win the cup.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

...Chad: that was brilliant. To suggest that a foodie like Phil supports Munchen Gladbach is brilliant.

Davo

Thanks!

I wish I understood what was brilliant about it, though. All I know about Munchen Gladbach is that the team exists! Maybe 30 years ago I watched a soccer (foorball) match on TV, I think it was MB vs. Manchester United. My American ears were tickled at the way the sportscaster pronounced "Munchen Gladbach." That's all I know about professional football. Oh, and I've heard of Pele.

Red Sox won last night, though! :thu:

The Poles were unlucky a couple of times.

There should not be a bad match in Group C (Italy, France, Netherlands, Romania). Romania is actually a decent squad. Group C is definitely the Group of Death.

I agree Phil, the Italy - Holland match should be a cracker.

Neither have been playing that great (though Romania and Holland have played their own parts in that!)

A fantastic match does not rely on great teams however. A agree that it should be a fantastic match because so much is at stake and the teams are fairly evenly matched. There is still a terrific amount of skill on show though.

If Thuram plays, Italy should win.

There are no really big teams. The beauty of the Euro finals, unlike the World cup, is that all teams are there on merit not geography, except potentially the host(s). Thus, the standard is much more even and that should mean better quality and matched games.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

robb, I think Italy/Romania on Saturday was a fantastic match. Italy pushed forward plenty even with Romania playing rather negatively. For Tuesday, a draw does nothing for either team; plenty of incentive to go forward.

Davo, I completely agree. The only true minnow Austria, and even they may have a part to play. The Swiss can occasionally surprise as well.

I do enjoy it a little more when England so not qualify.

For now I am shouting for Croatia (for all the time I spent there) Hrvaska! Hrvatska! and for Turkey (Turkiye) after all the time I'm spending learning and playing Turkish music.

I have been very impressed with Holland, Portugal and Spain. And yes, there are many teams still with a chance of winning.

Never underestimate Italy!

For Tuesday, a draw does nothing for either team; plenty of incentive to go forward.

i guess my point isn't whether the match will be entertaining; i don't necessarily think that defensive football make for boring matches. my point was that neither team is playing up to form and hasn't shown any desire to advance. why should that change for this match? weren't their previous two matches just as important to advance?

robb.

I hear you robb. I don't mind good defensive football, but Romania was waiting for set-pieces to come their way and they were good enough to pounce on a gaffe-of-a-backpass. Playing negatively is different than playing defensively.

If this was the first game in the group stage, Italy vs. France, I could see it being a snoozefest. Group stages in these tournaments are all about not losing and hoping to win more than trying to win. Now, both squads have to try to win. I think that is the difference.

Archived