Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best custom molded IEM for under $700

Jazz+

Hi everybody,

I don't know which brand or model of custom molded IEM to buy. I am jazz pianist and do a lot of trio performances playing a Roland FP4 digital piano along with acoustic bass and drums. My digital piano tends to sound thin by nature in the upper mids. I want some custom IEM with good clarity, warmth and smoothness. Nothing harsh or edgy. Nothing hyped in the highs nor fatiguing. I want something I can wear for 3 or 4 hours and still feel relaxed, not fatigued or stressed.

Jazz+

_______

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We (the whole band) use Shure E5 Dual Driver Earphones., very comfortable and are not prone to fatigue. The E5's are a part of the larger system we use so I am not sure of the individual cost? As far as the EQ or hyped frequencies heard through them, in our case we have individual sends from the mixing desk over the wireless and each channel is EQ'd to each players taste. My channel is pretty flat, I'm not sure how the other guys have their channel EQ'd ?

Archived