Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Al Wilson...

stamplicker

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen, Lee.

Al Wilson was one of the reasons why, as a kid growing up in NY I NEVER missed Soultrain on TV. His voice, songs, and music was so real, and authentic.....Just a man, standing on a stage, singing from his soul. Al didn't need much else......This is the feel and sensibility that has been so lacking in this age of techo digital computer emotive music........Al was real.

On a personal note, I've lost two friends in the past two weeks.....both died suddenly, and unexpectedly. And, both were 68 years old, the same as Al Wilson. I don't know what that means, but be thankful for every day you can take breath. And, that's NOT a cliche.....

Thank God for sincere, talented folk, like Al Wilson, who's music gave us a bit more pleasure in this life.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Amen, Lee.

Al Wilson was one of the reasons why, as a kid growing up in NY I NEVER missed Soultrain on TV. His voice, songs, and music was so real, and authentic.....Just a man, standing on a stage, singing from his soul. Al didn't need much else......This is the feel and sensibility that has been so lacking in this age of techo digital computer emotive music........Al was real.

On a personal note, I've lost two friends in the past two weeks.....both died suddenly, and unexpectedly. And, both were 68 years old, the same as Al Wilson. I don't know what that means, but be thankful for every day you can take breath. And, that's NOT a cliche.....

Thank God for sincere, talented folk, like Al Wilson, who's music gave us a bit more pleasure in this life.

My condolences to you on the loss of your two friends.

I have almost given up on reading the obituaries. I have been reading about way too many people in their 50s or younger dying of cancer, heart attacks or whatever.

Michelle

My new baby is a 2002 Collectors by Ovation

I think this is a cool song title -- "Can't Remember to Forget"

Archived