Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your fave SSS thread?

While at dinner with some forum members last night, I was reminded of a thread from about a year ago called [url=http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000434&p=]Hoover vacuum cleaners - do they suck?"[/url] that I still think is the funniest thread that I've read yet in this forum. I thought it would be fun to drag it out of mothballs... What are some of the ones that have stayed with the rest of you? dB [ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Dave Bryce ]

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HAHAHA...the old "Hoover" thread... Well, kinda like one of Guitplayer's "favorite" threads, I think there was a rash of "suck" threads at the time...it was only a matter of time before it got silly... I personally had fun with the one with the aliens and cassette tape. Got to have fun, y'know...talking about advantages/disadvantages of MOTU and how to wire a pedalboard and all is perhaps the real purpose of this forum, but, it's good to be able to have a larf as well. My recent favorite along the "fun" line was the "Whose thread is it anyway?" one, where you were supposed to just reply without reading any of the previous posts. Oh, and Dave, you've had some great threads over there in Keyboard land, too! [ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Tedster ]
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[b]Dave[/b], thanks for digging that one up for us. It was [b]very[/b] funny! :D [b]Craig Anderton[/b] brought up a good point, in that thread, that many vacuum cleaners don't just suck, they also blow. However, while that's a good wide band solution, you also need to add the notch precision of compressed air for a truly comprehensive approach! BTW, last night's dinner was [url=http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=002482]fun[/url] !

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

My favorite - and coincidentally the LARGEST - is the "Is Your Music Any Good...?" thread. That thread (along with Dave's "Let's Hear It!" thread) transformed the Music Player boards into something even more fun and rewarding, because it gave us the chance to get to know each other's musical identity. It's also given me the chance to sit here in awe and admiration of the massive talent pool that's represented on these boards. I hope that everyone takes time to visit the "Any Good" thread from time to time, lurkers included. You won't be disappointed.

Archived