Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT/ Wii

Bytored

The wife and I were sitting there eating breakfast this morning and she spurts out " I want a Wii" I thought Ok but good luck finding one. Turns out the first store we walked into had one, and I was secretly hoping they were out! Anyway this thing is a blast!! :cool:

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys crack me up! :)

In the store wii were asking about the extra remote paddle and the guy kept referring to it as a weemote or wiimote. I finally caught on and jokingly asked him if he had a speech impairment...luckily he got it and cracked a smile.

Wii've had ours for a few weeks now and I still love the thing.

A word of advice though, don't buy Wii Play. Fumbly warned me, but my wife insisted that wii get it. Sure enough, I know own Wii Play. It's a huge waste of money.

I've bought the browser so I can surf the internet and added a second remote so wii can play two player games.

OMg'd I'm going to Wii myself if this keeps up!! HAHAHA

Wiilax stamp! no Wiiing allowed :eek:

Craig we did buy wii play.. Yeah kind of a waste but still fun especially if that the only thing ya got to play. Which brings me to my next question, Anybody got Metroid for the Wii? Gonna go get some games but which ones should I get?

Well at least it has a remote...yeah out here it was around $50.

Its a Wii game Big Red....it has several games in it...duck shooting, pool, table tennis, fishing, tanks etc etc and you think you are getting all these games but in reality it is sort of a training session for the Wii to get you familiar with the different remote movements.....so there is no real tournament type deal, arcade play thing....short little passes and then when you can do it you get the next game opened.

At least that is how I found it...maybe I did not play it enough.

Wii have 3 wiimotes now and wii all play wiisponsibly and wiiear our wiiriststraps.
:laugh::laugh:

Its a Wii game Big Red....it has several games in it...duck shooting, pool, table tennis, fishing, tanks etc etc and you think you are getting all these games but in reality it is sort of a training session for the Wii to get you familiar with the different remote movements.....so there is no real tournament type deal, arcade play thing....short little passes and then when you can do it you get the next game opened.

Sounds a little like the games that came free with earlier systems.

Sounds a little like the games that came free with earlier systems.

The early systems came with Wii Sports (I think they still do). Wii sports is a great game. It's the reason I bought that system instead of a 360. The problem with the Wii Play games is, they all suck. For example, the fishing game isn't what you'd expect. There is a little pond and you lower your arm to lower the line into the water. When a fish touches the line, you lift your arm to raise it out of the water. You have just caught a fish and learned that the Wii remote can track your arm's up and down movement. That's sort of how it works...

I'm with Fumbly on this. If you get a Wii, don't waste the money on the Wii Play. If you want Fishing or Pool, buy the fishing or pool game.

Archived