Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - That's what I call snow!!

Phred

I live in Ottawa Ontario Canada, and we have had a pretty crazy winter this year when it comes to snow. So far this season we have accumulated 410.5 cm (13.5 feet for those of you that are metric impaired). We are 33.5cm (just over a foot) away from breaking the alltime snowfall record of the season which was set in 1971.

Last week 85cm (2.8feet) fell, 52cm (1.7feet) of that was yesterday. It has been nuts. Cars left abandoned, snowbanks 10 feet high.

I looked out my back window yesterday and it looked like someone had stolen my hottub (I have a regular outdoor hot tub, but the snow in my yard was well over the top. My four year old daughter came out with me, while I dug out the hottub, and I had to ask her not to crawl over the fence!!! The snow is almost as high as my fence, and extends over it in some spots.

P.S - Andre, how are you fairing in this snow fall? :) A little bit different than Brazil?

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK shoot me now...

I was listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on PBS radio Saturday. :)

The host said the winter had been particularly long this year and it was making him crazy.

He asked the caller, from Boston, how he coped.

The caller quickly replied, "A coat?"

Ahahahahaha. :D

Er... I guess you had to be there.

But that would be wrong.

Since I was in the bathroom shaving... preparing for a shower... in the buff.

Which, during certain phases of the moon makes me wanna break out in song... such as

I Don't Look Good Nekid Anymore

Klonk above for the live/drunk mp3 recording.:eek::laugh:

I've also got a picture, if you wanna see it. :sick:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Well here we are now at 448 cm of snow. With the coming week forecasts, we are now sure to beat the previous all-time snow accumulation of 458 cm. And last Saturday we also beat the all-time record for wind speed during a snow storm : 133 km/h. Damage to buildings, trees broken, policemen using snowmobiles to rescue people stuck in their cars, etc. C'est l'hiver! :D

Looks cold. When I go outside, you can still see snow on the mountain tops, but in the valley it's in the 70's with a clear, blue sky. I bet stepay's boy is lovin' all that snow!

Yep. Both kids are off school today. They love it. The dog does too.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Beautiful dog Stepay! Snow is fun with a character like that around!!

Hey thanks Bobadohshe. We like her pretty well. She's 5 now. We got her from the pound 3 years ago. Mostly black lab as you can see with the temperment to match. Super sweet dog. The coolest thing we've taught her is if it's wet outside, when she comes in, she rolls over and sticks her feet up in the air so we can wipe her paws. She was loving the snow big time.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

It was over 70° here yesterday.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It was over 70° here yesterday.

I realize this is completely unfair, but I hate you just a little bit.

It's only 58 today, is that better?

:laugh::wave:

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Great photos! (thankfully Tom's post doesn't have any photos... (Hi Tom))

The pic that DanS posted is very similar to how my place looks.

I didn't think of taking any pics, I should have.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s here for the next week. Actually a bit below normal.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Yeah Stepay, no tempo runs for you..wow! A few runner friends back east I know have finally broken down and bought the infamous "treadmill". They said they were sick of fighting it year after year, plus they can do some tempo and semi-interval training without worrying about the ice or competing with cars for space on plowed roads.

I know if I lived back there, I'd wimp out and get a treadmill.

I was moaning after 5 days in St. Louis at Thanksgiving...that's just the start of the fun I know.

Like db said, it's warming up here today. I just finished 17 on my road bike in about an hour. It was getting hot. Sorry guys...it's hard to relate just like it is for us.

Nice doggie! He looks like a sweetie. We have a black Border Collie mix who is also a pound rescue. We have no kids so our dogs are the "family". We're pretty over the top with them.

Anderson(Border C.) and Jenna( Golden R.)

http://www.divshare.com/download/3993527-8a7

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

Yeah Stepay, no tempo runs for you..wow! A few runner friends back east I know have finally broken down and bought the infamous "treadmill". They said they were sick of fighting it year after year, plus they can do some tempo and semi-interval training without worrying about the ice or competing with cars for space on plowed roads.

I know if I lived back there, I'd wimp out and get a treadmill.

I was moaning after 5 days in St. Louis at Thanksgiving...that's just the start of the fun I know.

Like db said, it's warming up here today. I just finished 17 on my road bike in about an hour. It was getting hot. Sorry guys...it's hard to relate just like it is for us.

Nice doggie! He looks like a sweetie. We have a black Border Collie mix who is also a pound rescue. We have no kids so our dogs are the "family". We're pretty over the top with them.

Dave, yeah, no running outside for a while. I do have a treadmill (dreadmill), and I use that when the weather is bad. I will be in Portland, OR on business most of next week, so I hope to run a bit outside while there.

I have an 8 miler planned for tonight (was supposed to do that yesterday, but I shoveled a lot over the weekend, so I didn't run).

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Great photos! (thankfully Tom's post doesn't have any photos... (Hi Tom))

Dammit.

I knew I forgot something.

Here is the picture: KLONK HERE

This is STEPAY shovelling snow. He's a SNOW ANGEL. :)

Ummmmmmm, Caution. :evil:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Yeah, just you wait until August when it is 120 deg in the shade :laugh:

Dude, I can't wait! It's not great when I have to do yard work, but other than that, I live for it to be warmer. :D

...P.S - Andre, how are you fairing in this snow fall? :) A little bit different than Brazil?

Hi Phred. Sure it's different. But as I said, I prefer this to the sticky heat of São Paulo.

Of course there are inconveniences. I just came back from swimming and almost rolled over in my Caravan. I was on the right side of Strandherd with a pick-up truck passing me on the left. I just got to hear a loud crash and though the guy had somehow hit me. After stopping and checking for damage, I found I had hit something with my right front wheel. The rim had a 3" dent and the tire was flat.

Changed to the spare (lovely in this cold at 9 PM) and went checking the spot where it happened. Sure enough there was something a couple of inches from the external limit of the right lane I was driving on: a concrete roadblock! Only half of it actually, all the others (they are typically set in a row) were probably removed, and this one was "forgotten". Snow had it half-covered, but what amazes me is that it was left there by whoever opened the road for regular traffic. I probably slid these couple of inches to what was supposed to be the shoulder to give room to the shovel-totting pickup truck on my left, and it was enough to hit the "boobytrap" solid.

I was lucky not to roll over, for the obstacle was about 6" high and solid concrete. Tomorrow I'll have the car checked for possible suspension damage. If I have time I'll try to learn if it's possible to file a complaint with the City.

Sorry for the long winded story

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

We have a black Border Collie mix who is also a pound rescue. We have no kids so our dogs are the "family". We're pretty over the top with them.

I have had the pleasure of meeting these two and they are indeed LOVELY dogs! They make the Ferris household quite a welcoming place to be (along with the sTeInWaY D!!)

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

We did a Trade show in the Detroit, Michigan area this week. We drove out there on Thursday and kept an eye on the weather forecast for this past weekend. There were snow flurries, but the storm missed us and dumped on Ohio. We drove across I80 on Sunday night and although the roads were clear, there were still trailers flipped over along each side of the road. I sure hope no one died in the process. I haven't seen that kind of snow in years. We didn't get anything in Central PA.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Last year Christmas in Denver...36" on 22DEC06. My 2 year old (at the time) walked outside upwards (from the steps) onto the snowdrift, then promptly disappeared, laughing her head off. We finally got the 4WD out on the 24th to go to the store...

ivorycj

Live Rig: Kurzweil Forte 7 driving MacBook Pro M1Max w/64GB RAM | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Roland RD-64

Studio Rig: Yamaha CP88 driving same MBP | Roland D-70 | Synth Spa Roland Juno-106 | Yamaha DX7IIFD

• 2 weeks later...
Yaaaaay.

After breaking the all time record of snow accumulation the other week, we are now past the incredible mark of 500 cm (we'll be around 512 by the end of tomorrow night). :cool:

So does this mean you enter and exit the house via the second story window - by climbing up! ??

Last Sunday, my wife and I shoveled off the roof. When we were done, we 'stepped off' the roof onto the snow pile.......

It's -10C here again today. Even though it hasn't snowed for a few days, it's just not getting any warmer to melt the phoquing snow!!!

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Yamaha Montage M7, Nord Electro 6D, Hammond XK1c, Dave Smith PolyEvolver & Rack, Moog Voyager,  Modal Cobalt 8X, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Archived