Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hello Y'all...trip to Nashville

blitzkrieg bop

Hey, haven't posted in a while so thought I'd say hi and see what's goin' on. I just got back from vacation, went to Huntsville, Al to see friends and then spent a couple days in Nashville on the way back. Both are awesome cities, but Nashville is like a musical orgy! It was great! Went to the Bluebird cafe on Feb 21 and saw 4 amazing singer/songwriters in the round (6pm free show). My wife and I were blown away at the talent. I also got to browse around the Gibson showcase at Opry mills!! Between the music and the food (I LOVE southern cooking!!) I think I found where I want to retire :-)

Anyway it inspired me to come home and strum away! And yes... I am gassing badly for a Gibson....

"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know...I didn't think of it till afterwards...

Bluebird on the 21st was Pete Sallis, Nicole Witt, Tiffany Goss, and Joe Leathers. All were fantastic! We bought a cd from Nicole Witt, and I still need to email Pete about some songs.

"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

Cool!

I used to mix Girls With Guitars, a bi-monthly, all women, songwriter night once a month at The Sutler. (They split the shows between two clubs.) Nicole and her former musical partner Shelley Tackett (another fantastic writer/performer) were regulars and played most every show I mixed.

Can't say I know any of the others. Glad you had a good time! :thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived