Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

rd-700sx midi problem

ferran rc

Hello,

I have a problem with my RD-700sx.

I've connected a Gem RP-X module, and I want to configure setups to use some of the RD-700sx sounds, RP-X sounds, or layer them.

I've configured some setups with the external section off, to use RD-700sx sounds, other setups with the internal section of the RD-700sx off to use only sounds of the RP-X.

The problem is that when I select the One Touch Button acoustic or electric piano sounds, the "upper 1" external section always turns on, so the RP-X starts to sound mixed with the One touch piano sound. :freak:

And I can't write external sections off in the One touch button sounds, so every time I select my One touch E.Piano or Acoustic Piano, the RD-700sx sends midi data on channel 1.

(and I don't want any external sound with the One Touch buttons sounds...).

I could store the One touch piano sounds into different setups, but I loose all the parameters that can only be selected and edited in the One Touch sounds (lid, string ressonance, ambience...), the same with the E.Pianos parameters of the One Touch E.P sounds.

I've read in the manual that all these parameters that are available only in the one Touch sounds are stored in Setup 000, but this setup can't be modified, so there is no way to turn off "upper1" external section in setup 000.

What can I do? RD-700sx owners I need your help! :thu:

I don't want to send any Midi data when I select One touch sounds...

Thanks very much,

Ferran

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep,

I have had the same problem, but after setting the Nord to respond to Midi channel 2 and adjusting my setups to this, I have had no problems selecting the One Touch Piano sounds on the RD.

Roland FA-08

Nord StageEX compact

Yamaha MG10/2

Hi,

Yes, I can modify the performances in the RP-X to respond to MIDI channel 2, and then adjust the setups in the RD-700sx to send on channel 2.

But I find it a little strange, because I think channel 1 is the default channel in most modules/keyboards, and this should be easier to solve in a great midi Controller like the Rd-700sx.

This means that I can't use channel 1 in any device connected to my Rd-700sx... :freak:

thanks!

ferran

Archived