Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Prayers and Thoughts for a Great Talent

Zuben

Guys and Gals,

Please keep an incredible musician, Stephen Bruton, in your prayer and thoughts. He is a friend of mine and is part of what is call the circus. (It is a bunch of folks who play with Bonnie, Feat, Buffet, Levon Helm and a few others)

He had thought he had beaten throat cancer but has just found out not only is it back but has spread

He has 6 months max and maybe 3 to 4 years with another round of chemo.

I got an email from one of the circus members this evening and I have been closed up in my music room since. This as really hard to write.

For those who don't who Stephen is, he was up for a CMA 2 years ago for a song he wrote. He has an incredible resume including acting credits.

peace

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family, and his friends, Zub. Good luck to Stephen.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Zuben, my best wishes to your friend. Hopefully chemo will keep it in check and he'll have years and not just months.

Cancer is a nasty, insidious disease, but there are lots of us out here that are living with it, and living longer. So, try to stay positive.

He'll be in my prayers.

John

I am sorry about your friend Zubes......that sucks. From everything I have read throat cancer is pretty nasty and hard to beat. I will pray for him.

Was he a smoker?

You say he has 3 months max.....maybe 3-6 years with another round of chemo. What does that mean...it is a big difference between 3 months and 3 years, I don't understand.

You say he has 3 months max.....maybe 3-6 years with another round of chemo. What does that mean...it is a big difference between 3 months and 3 years, I don't understand.

I don't get that either.

I think what Zuben means is that his friend has three months if he doesn't respond to treatment, but could go 3+ years if the chemo is effective and holds the cancer where it is.

John

Archived