Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thoughts Opinions Quick....

stamplicker

Wait till I get some sound clips. Playing will suck bad, but OMG'd she sings IN such a voice... If I could use Fumbles fingers on her, OMG'd Look OUT!

Hopefully I can get decent sound clips up tonight. When you switch between postion 1 - 5, you really notice each postion. I've noticed with some strats you don't really notice to much between 2 and 4 postion, slight varience, but nothing major. Chakita lets you know when you go from 1 to 2 to 3 and so fourth. Very smooth not a hard click so have to get use to that, but very solid switch feel. Volume and tone controls are smooth, but I haven't had a chance to crank up the systems to see how the rolloffs work. She has the smaller size knobs on her, so not sure If I want to swap to larger ones or adjust and get use to these. The vintage/aged look pickup covers and knobs are on her. Will try and get a clean shot of her pickups as well.

So inlude of my babblings the answer is YES, Yes you do hear and feel a difference.

Yes, it starts at the neck, it had to have the right look. You know when you walk into a shop and you look at a certain neck, you know without touching it if it's right or not. That's how her neck was. There was a few others as mention in my long winded story, that had that look, but that reverse headstock was my cats meow. (Chakitas' batting eyes).

*sidenote, samples will be direct into pc. through magicstomp with no signal processing. Just used as a DI box.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I know all the obvious stuff as to why, I was just being facetious....but the problem for me is that the body is oriented as a righty...so they have to use a righty pick guard....but they angled the rear pickup to mimic how it would be on a lefty flipped over... except that the body is not flipped over.....so it looks whacky to me

I have to admit, it looks wacky to me too. Kinda like the reverse flying V

Peace

Yeah, I was always a fan of that reversed headstock look, too. If I can't have a small headstock circa 1954, that would do me.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

"Didn't SRV have a left handed trem?"....... He sure did and they put them on the SRV signature model also.

Haven't you got one o them there SRV models? How does the lefty trem feel? (If you havent done the terrible deed of blocking it!!!!!! :evil: )

Don't know Trucks, you guessed it, it is blocked, in fact all mine are blocked except the Aluminum Strat. I can say that I have a good friend, a very good player that uses the SRV model and uses a trem all the time and he loves it, he says it's in a better position with the regular length arm and he says it's seems more responsive than his right hand standard Strat trems.

Archived