Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lite Ash Stratocaster

stamplicker

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have read that this specific model doesn't use exact fender spec bridge parts. could be a pain if you wanted to use some upgrades later.

check out the harmony central reviews.

probably made in the Cort factory for Fender.

Nothing wrong with Cort but it is nice to know.

For me, if it's a Strat, then it *should* be ash.

The first Tele body I used to build the 'black on black' was ash and the tone was - dare I say? - AWESOME!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/geoffbyrne/P4231058.jpg

Having said all that, my Frankenstrat is Alder.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Dudes:

I tried two of those at the store. The first time, I was throughly impressed. What a fantastic guitar. Very unique. Not your father's Strat, but certainly not your emo cousin's either.

It's equipped with Seymour Duncan (Vintage staggereds, IIRC), and plays as well as an American standard, if not deluxe. Tone was more balanced and somewhat bassier (not much) than a typical Strat, but for me, I liked it better than the alder Strats I've played.

However, the second guitar I tried was several months later. Same model, different axe. I was not as impressed. Weaker tone and not as much playablitiy. However, I will add both models were at Guitar Center, who is not notorious for its quality control on the sales floor, and after this second guitar, my impression of the the model is still the same. But like most Fenders: don't mail order one. You may be disappointed.

NOTE: The Tele I play regularly (in my avatar) is made of basswood.

Shut up and play.

Archived