Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I want one of these NOW

Bytored

But in white. One of Carvins new models..... :cool:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/bytored/3_sh550fmb_1.jpg

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carvin, BTW, there's a giveaway at the lower right side of the shot.

DOH,,,, as I slap my forhead REALLY hard. :thu:

Yeah, I new that...... :D

Sir yes sir, their new single cuts (semi-hollow and solid) are gorgeous. You very rarely hear anything negative about Carvin, and of course I love 'em as they make lefty axes for no upcharge (bite me Gibson!!). I have an acoustic (Korean) Carvin, think it was $400 with HSC, and it's really nice.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

You can get the head black if you want, and there are lots of other options too. I want one of those single cuts real bad.
Wonder what the new Linkin Park album would sound like if they didn't have Perfect Circle to steal from.

Ooooooooh that's real nice, that just might make a sweet jazz axe with the right strings 'n' set-up... in a darkish vintage sunburst sorta finish, with gold hardware...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Many of you old farts like me will remember when Carvin had Strat Kits. The only thing missing was a Fender Decal.

The company has come a long way sice I was a teen.

Their gear was kind of frowned on as cheap knock offs Much of it was back then. We bought a few cabinets (PA) and removed the logos once. They were first rate.

The company has come a long way. I played one of their guitars a year or so back and was impressed.

The pictured one in your post is a good looking axe. I would love to play it sometime.

Peace

Yes they still make the stat kits, actually they call them Bolt kits but yes they are still kickin those out. The SH pictured is made out of a a solid piece of maple routed out with a flamed top and neck put on it. When I get one its not going to have that option because I want a solid color. Another option is to have no F holes! while that would look sweet I wonder what if would do for the sound.

Gift, I would be willing to bet it plays better then it looks :cool:

(Psssst- Bytored- aren't their backs made of mahogany?)

Yes, you are correct, BUT with the FMB option they aren't. read below, that will explain it better then I did.. I do stand corrected on the "solid piece of maple routed out with a flamed top" statement I just made though.

As taken from the Carvin BBS:

"OPTION FMB is made from two solid bookmatched pieces of flamed maple for the back and sides - it's not a veneer. The finish on the back and neck will match the top. That is, if you get Deep Purple on flame, then the back, sides and neck will also be Deep Purple (versus clear natural as on a regular SH550/SH575)."

I've played a bunch of Carvin guitars and have been very impressed. The only complaint I would have would be with the electronics. I'm not impressed with their pickups. Otherwise the build quality is outstanding. That new semi hollow looks beautiful. I can't wait to get back to SoCal to play one.

Archived