Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Rob Kudyba...

Tedster here. I had to change user names as I got some weird error messages ("This is extremely abnormal...please contact your forum administrator immediately" type of thing). I sent you an email with the specifics... Of course, it could be that they were referring just to me as "extremely abnormal"...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Tedmeister: [b]Tedster here. I had to change user names as I got some weird error messages ("This is extremely abnormal...please contact your forum administrator immediately" type of thing). I sent you an email with the specifics... [/b][/quote] "Doesn't that strike you as very UNUSUAL, Dave?" - HAL 9000

I think the search-function sucks big-time now: 1. Why is it not possible to "search all forums" ? Compared to the "old" site, this is a major step in the wrong direction. 2. After doing a search, when I klick on a link in the search-results list, the topic opens but it happens to be another thread than I was looking for, so I try to go back to the serach-results page but get a message "no data available" (or something), so I have to start searching again... this is very stupid and annoying. Can it be fixed, pretty please? /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote]Originally posted by mats.olsson@rockfile.se: [b]I think the search-function sucks big-time now: 1. Why is it not possible to "search all forums" ? Compared to the "old" site, this is a major step in the wrong direction.[/quote][/b] Good question. It's because the search of all forums brings things to a grinding hault so we had to switch to search on a per forum basis...the software makers are supposedly looking into making the search more efficient. [b] [quote]2. After doing a search, when I klick on a link in the search-results list, the topic opens but it happens to be another thread than I was looking for, so I try to go back to the serach-results page but get a message "no data available" (or something), so I have to start searching again... this is very stupid and annoying. Can it be fixed, pretty please? [/b][/quote] I think this is browser dependant. I'm on Mac/Netscape 6.2 and don't have this "problem". Just checked Mac/IE 5.0 and this does not happen either. But I do believe I've read some where on the Microsoft web site that in certain versions of IE for the PC this is an intentional "feature" and has something to do with a security issue.

[quote]Originally posted by Tedmeister: [b]Tedster here. I had to change user names as I got some weird error messages ("This is extremely abnormal...please contact your forum administrator immediately" type of thing). I sent you an email with the specifics... [/b][/quote] Should be fixed...we ran out of disc space on 1 of the directories and I had to run a utility to rebuild the members files. Plus I had to manually recover your "profile" since it apprently became permanently corrupted...sent you an email too...

Archived