Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GFRR Closer to Home question

Zuben

I could have posted this with the current GRFF thread but this is completely different so I didn't want to hijack the other thread.

I have two recordings of "I"m Your Captain / Closer To Home" and on both of them at the 1:09 mark you can hear someone say "alright.." I can't make out the rest. It is not part of the song. At the end of the song, on the left channel, very faintly, you can hear what sounds like a guitar that is not playing the same chord progression and at times, sounds like a different key. This continues to fade out.

I was listening with headphones at a medium volume. Playing on my stereo (commercial grade) I can only hear the "Alright..." but not the other voicing on the left channel. Turning my stereo up would bring the police.

One recording was a commercial CD, the other an MP3. I have it on vinyl but my needle went bad eons ago and I have never got around to finding a replacement.

Has anyone else heard this or do I have 2 bad copies?

Peace

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not crazy! LOL Thanks Craig. The other guitar sounds almost like cross talk (bleed over) There may be more than just a guitar in there. I am going to get the headphones on tonight and on my mixer to see if I can bring it out.

I always thought the enigineer to studio "This is a take" was kind of hokie. I wondered about an open mic but I have been in too any booths to believe that.

Peace

Peace

Archived