Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HELP! FIND ME A LOUD KEYBOARD AMP!!!

chrisfp99

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you guys crack me up - I'm new to this board & loving it!

Stick around. It's a great place. As Mr. ITGITC likes to say, it's like your friendly neighborhood bar . . . only everyone's a keyboardist and the bathrooms don't smell as bad. ;)

Noah

you guys crack me up - I'm new to this board & loving it!

Stick around. It's a great place. As Mr. ITGITC likes to say, it's like your friendly neighborhood bar . . . only everyone's a keyboardist and the bathrooms don't smell as bad. ;)

Noah

I knew there was something weird about the bathrooms here - plus why is there no condom dispenser?

I've posted about these on another monitoring thread -

http://www.nexo-sa.com/user/images/products/hi-res/ps8.jpg

The Nexo PS8!.

16lbs is nice. But do they come with covers? Transporting them like that would be scary.

OK guys, I'm back. To all who gave sensible replies, thank you. To the others, you're cheeky buggers; I'm not deaf!! I play in a wedding/dinner dance band. We're not loud. Guitarist uses an old Sessionette 75. I wondered if my old Korg was losing power but my new Yamaha is even quieter.

I admit that I keep the volume on the keyboard at just under half, to cater for 1) solos; and 2) the fact that some sounds on the keyboard are softer than others, and this means my amp setup is at just about maximum. Yes I can be heard fine but as I'm upgrading I may as well add a bit of extra headroom for those stadium gigs coming up...

I reinterate that for various reasons I don't want to go through th FOH speakers. Would like to try the Motionsounds, Barbettas or Traynor K4 but there's no dealer network in the good ol' UK so too risky on service, repair etc. Will try the Roland KC550 next.

Curious to know why you don't use the PA. This is the best way to get a quality sound with decent stereo split out to the audience. All you need then is a local monitor.

For keys in a band you need quality stereo - not just LOUD!

You sure you're not a guitar player?

Nord Electro 3

Roland JV-90

Archived