Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

stadium arcadium in 17 tracks.

rumpelstiltskin.

01 snow (hey oh)

02 c'mon girl

03 hump de bump

04 torture me

05 stadium arcadium

06 wet sand

07 hey

08 make you feel better

09 hard to concentrate

10 warlocks

11 tell me baby

12 especially in michigan

13 21st century

14 charlie

15 we believe

16 desecration smile

17 death of a martian

the goal was to trim the track list to one 74 minute CD (the duration of "blood sugar sex magik" is 73:55). i put in "stadium arcadium" at the last minute, which pushed the total time to 74:19, but given the nature of the exercise, i'm comfortable with that slight violation of policy.

it's more of a "my favorite tracks on the record" list, so i don't expect people to necessarily agree with my choices. (in fact, i'm kind of hoping other will try it and see how the lists differ.) i did place them in an order that i believe makes a strong album, rather than just keeping them in the original order with the other songs cut out.

it was harder than i thought it'd be. "she's only 18", for example, was a song that was near the bottom of the list of songs on the album, but even that song is a good song. the only song that was really easy was "dani california". i really don't like that song. it's the reason i didn't rush out to buy this record when it came out. i heard it a thought that the chili peppers really mailed it in.

i would have liked to include "if", but that would've taken well more than 74 minutes. apart from that, i don't really feel like any of the missing songs are actually missed.

put this list into your ipod and let me know what you think and how you'd change it.

robb.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, that is what I call the forbiden album. It was nothing like any other chili's albums it was to guitar orientated (sp). The forbidden album shall never be spoke off from this day on! To day shall be known as the day of the forbidden.

Anyone one topic, I don't understand I just wanted to state my disgust towards the album, sorry.

Karl

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Sorry, that is what I call the forbiden album. It was nothing like any other chili's albums it was to guitar orientated (sp). The forbidden album shall never be spoke off from this day on! To day shall be known as the day of the forbidden.

Anyone one topic, I don't understand I just wanted to state my disgust towards the album, sorry.

Karl

And somehow One Hot Minute was like everything prior? And everything after One Hot Minute up to Stadium Arcadium was more "normal" for them? You either need to listen to more of their material or open your ears a bit more. If anything Stadium Arcadium was more like their past albums.

How many tracks did they put on that CD?

A lot. I'm going to burn robb.'s version and give it a listen for a week or to then report back. I haven't listened to that disc in months and this will be an interesting take on it. I have a feeling that I'm going to like it. But.. you know... there's that.

Sorry, that is what I call the forbidden album. It was nothing like any other chili's albums it was to guitar orientated (sp). The forbidden album shall never be spoke off from this day on! To day shall be known as the day of the forbidden.

Anyone one topic, I don't understand I just wanted to state my disgust to wards the album, sorry.

Karl

And somehow One Hot Minute was like everything prior? And everything after One Hot Minute up to Stadium Arcadium was more "normal" for them? You either need to listen to more of their material or open your ears a bit more. If anything Stadium Arcadium was more like their past albums.

I'm Chili pepper mad, I got most of there albums. I went through an....obbsession. Like a girl does to West Life, but in a none oh that Anthony is soo cute! type of way. I would of said Californication was more like Stadium Arcadium. Its nothing like Mothers milk, or there album The Red Hot Chili Peppers. All I can really say is that the bass has become less as the years have gone by.

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

01 snow (hey oh)

02 c'mon girl

03 hump de bump

04 torture me

05 stadium arcadium

06 wet sand

07 hey

08 make you feel better

09 hard to concentrate

10 warlocks

11 tell me baby

12 especially in michigan

13 21st century

14 charlie

15 we believe

16 desecration smile

17 death of a martian

So far I like it a great deal more than the original running order and length. There aren't a lot of songs that simply sound like ho-hum filler.

I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

Don't say that in NY....you'll be deported immediately.

Because of the lettuce?

You can put cream cheese on a bagel (don't even think about flavored cream cheese) and you can add lox and onions and tomato.

Don't forget the capers. First time I had lox & bagels was in a Jewish deli in Skokie, Illinois. I'll never forget that week.

Back to reality...

Tell Me Baby has my favorite bassline on the album.

Replace Snow (damn that song annoys me, it just goes on and on and on and on and on...) with Dani California and I think that's about right for me.

Alex

that's funny, because dani california is the only song on the album that i almost always skip past. i do not like that song at all. in fact, i really thought the chili peppers had mailed it in for this record when they released DC as the first single.

conversely, i love snow, and my wife is absolutely obsessed with it. when we saw them live, they had big fans blowing confetti into the air at each corner of the floor during the chorus. it was transcendent.

i actually thought my omission of DC would be more controversial.

as a side note, one of my quiet favorites is charlie. i love the polyrhythm in the verses, and the classic frusciante funk of the chorus. i considered making it the opening track, but then thought better.

robb.

Archived