Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Stage Compact v. Nord C1

Clifton

Well, I'll come right out and say it, having tried it in the store, I wants me a Nord C1, that thing makes me want to woodshed the Hammond like nothin' else.

But at the same time, I feel as though I've outgrown the Electro 73 and I need something that can do more than one sound at a time. Seeing as the Stage Compact (with the new OS update) has a similiar level of organ-awesomeness as the C1 (from what I've heard), as well as all those other great sounds, and it weighing the same as the Electro...I'm thinking if I'm going to spend that much goddamn money I might as well go all out and get the Stage Compact (and get a little controller to play the lower manual with).

What do you guys think?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have both, and for organ sounds, the C1 reigns supreme. :) On the NS, you can run the organ through the fx which is really nice, but for the pure organ experience C1 is the ticket. Te keyboard feel is very different and it's easier to do all those Hammond tricks on the C1 too.

I have both, and for organ sounds, the C1 reigns supreme. :) On the NS, you can run the organ through the fx which is really nice, but for the pure organ experience C1 is the ticket. Te keyboard feel is very different and it's easier to do all those Hammond tricks on the C1 too.

I am very jealous. Well, I suppose I need to do some thinking and decide whether I really want to take up the organ seriously or not.

Might I ask what are these 'Hammond tricks' you mentioned?

Trills, slides, smears, machine gun fills (playing one note trills with two or three fingers really fast)... See Billy Preston! ;)

Ah see, in the area of playing organ I have much to learn, it seems. Maybe my getting the C1 will force me to master the thing :D

Trills, slides, smears, machine gun fills (playing one note trills with two or three fingers really fast)... See Billy Preston! ;)

Ah see, in the area of playing organ I have much to learn, it seems. Maybe my getting the C1 will force me to master the thing :D

For a clinic in learning to play the Hammond like a percussion instrument, check out all the Chester Thompson videos on keyboardmag.tv. It's beyond words.

Moe

---

Archived