Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Motif Rack vs. Motif Rack ES?

Soundhound

I'd posted here a couple days ago about finding a new keyboard for our keyboard player. I've included thepost here below. It turns out we have less to spend than I thought, and it seems the best option is perhaps a used Yamaha Motif Rack or Motif ES.

I've played some of the Motifs in stores and liked the sounds I heard. We need basically good acoustic piano and b3 sounds. Some Wurly and Rhodes wouldn't hurt. My question is, is there much of a difference in these sounds between the Motif and Motif ES? I'm thinking all we can cough up for would be a used Motif Rack.

thanks!

My original post << I'm working in a bluesy kind of band. We cover lots of different stuff, from some Allmans to Hendrix to Marc Broussard, Delbert McClinton, Matt Schofield, Robben Ford.

Our keyboard player needs a better keyboard. The sounds we need are: acoustic piano, b3, rhodes, a little clavinet, a wurlitzer sound would be nice. The most important thing is that it sounds big and strong live. Don't need sequencers, drums or anything, just great tones. If there's extra capabilties in there, no hard done. We're fine with buying used.

I saw a Yamaha Motif 6 on sale for $900. would that do the job?

The question is: what would you guys recommend?

Thanks!! >>

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived