Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reverse Flying-V

Professor Monkey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a Flying V fan to begin with. And this really does nothing for me.

I'm with ya all the way!!! :D

But watch yer back fer ambushes around here when not liking a V, and take it from me, you probably do NOT want to refer to a V as being "cheesy". :eek:

I still haven't put out all the flames from that one. :laugh:

The latest Gibson stylings have been mind bogglingly awful IMO, the looks of the robot guitar (and the NAME they gave it!), being prime examples.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I guess that it was a smart idea from whoever it was at Gibson that came up with it, since they reportedly sold like hotcakes. But personally I think it's a stupid design, not terribly interesting or funny and just useless from a practical point of view. After all, isn't easy higher fret-access one of the main attributes of a V? This loses that and gains nothing else in one fell swoop...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I guess that it was a smart idea from whoever it was at Gibson that came up with it, since they reportedly sold like hotcakes. But personally I think it's a stupid design, not terribly interesting or funny and just useless from a practical point of view. After all, isn't easy higher fret-access one of the main attributes of a V? This loses that and gains nothing else in one fell swoop...

i would bet it sold due to the low numbers produced. think investment.

You know what!!! I would like to find the designer of THAT and just beat him!!!

probably somebody in marketing.

Of course you'll have to dodge his failed concept guitars being flung at you while you're trying to get to him.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

You know what!!! I would like to find the designer of THAT and just beat him!!!

probably somebody in marketing.

Probably somebody really REALLY cynical in marketing, who told his colleagues one day that he could sell anything, even something as stupid & ugly as a backwards Flying V, & they made him put up or shut up.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

I guess that it was a smart idea from whoever it was at Gibson that came up with it, since they reportedly sold like hotcakes.

That's what the advertisement says (and we all know nobody would ever lie or exaggerate in an advertisement) but has anybody ever actually seen one of these on stage or even on YouTube?

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

I guess that it was a smart idea from whoever it was at Gibson that came up with it, since they reportedly sold like hotcakes.

That's what the advertisement says (and we all know nobody would ever lie or exaggerate in an advertisement) but has anybody ever actually seen one of these on stage or even on YouTube?

Scott Fraser

NO

Scott Fraser

I've seen pictures of J. Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. playing one. That was the first I'd heard of them though, thought it was some ridiculous custom job he had. Then I saw the post here. I agree with most of you, I think they're ugly as hell. Different strokes I guess? To each his own...

Then you'll never hear surf music again...

About the only person that I could imagine playing one of those things would be Nigel Tufnel...And I don't think that even he would touch one! :/

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Archived