Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KeyB Italian clonewheel

Tom Fiala

Does anybody have any info on this relatively new Italian Hammond clone - available (in Europe) in both single and double manual versions? Demos on the site sound nice...as far as those go. Nice, authentic-looking layout. I wonder how it would compare to the new XK3-c, which I'm gassing for...?

http://www.keyborgan.com/index_eng.html

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom, that would be a good comparo.

The KeyB engine is a PC running linux and the open source organ software Beatrix.

Actually, the version they are running is many revs newer than the open source version available. They hired the original developer it seems, and he has been working exclusively for them for the last couple years.

I have played with the source code of the open source version and it is very detailed. If you like a dirty organ with crosstalk, this software models leakage in all the individual locations separately - in the tonewheel bin, at the terminal strip, in the wiring loom, etc. You can control the level of each tonewheel individually also.

The XK-3C is pretty detailed in this manner too, so they are a fair comparison. But the KeyB Duo absolutely nails the UI perfectly.

Diversi has an agreement to market their own US version, but they have priced it ridiculously high for their gospel market instead of for pro players.

Another brand new player is the Italian Hamichord - crappy name but again, an absolutely perfect UI. It has a PC inside it running B4.

http://www.hamichord.com

No word on price until Dec. 15.

Moe

---

I would like to clear things up about the pricing of the Diversi and the KeyB Organ.

If you will notice, there are three models of the Diversi offered here in the US: the DV-Solo (single keyboard), DV-Solo Plus (single keyboard with bench, pedals and stand) and the DV-Duo Plus (Full organ.) The 14K that Moe is referring to is for a FULL organ and not a top only as is offered in Europe. Also, don't forget that the exchange rate between Europe and the US is about 1.5 (1 Euro = 1.50 US)

We are not currently offering the DV-Duo (top only). However, if there is any interest in just purchasing the TOP only please feel free to contact us here at Diversi. info@diversiorgan.com

Regards,

Tom Tuson

Diversi Musical Instruments, LLC

PS Watch for a major announcement on Jan 1st, 2008

Tom,

Why not just list a suggested retail and a factory direct price for that option? The direct competition there would be the XK Pro system, which can be had on the street for around $4 - 4.5K

If you could give us an option from Diversi at that level or less, I for one would be very interested.

Moe

---

Update: I had emailed the KeyB people. They replied - and confirmed that the KeyB product will not be sold in North America. They confirmed that the Diversi DV-solo and duo products use their technology, and apart from a few minor differences for the North American market, the Diversi and KeyB are essentially the same.

Tom F.

"It is what it is."

Archived