Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Not OT - Misheard Lyrics

Warthog

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was some pretty funny stuff on there!

I had a friend who grew up in Nebraska and was in junior high when The Eagles 'Life In The Fast Lane' came out. He thought that they were saying 'Pipe in the vaseline'! He just figured it was some weird thing they did in California.

Now, try and not sing 'pipe in the vaseline' the next time you hear that song!

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

I posted this one on another thread a couple months ago. But it is worth repeating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6U29S--wn8

Now you know what the REAL lyrics are to Blinded By the Light! :D

Link no workie, although I still don't know the words to that song. I'm pretty sure its:

"Blinded by the light. Wrapped-up like a douche another rotor in the night..."

She's striking to look at, a good piano player, and certainly puts on an emotion-packed performance, but I've never been able to understand a single thing that Tori Amos sings.

Best, Paul

WUDAYAKNOW.. For the first time in my life, I'm wrong again!!

I always wonder what they say on the chorus of Yes's 'Love Will Find A Way'. I googled it, and came up with this:

Here is my heart

Waiting for you

Here is my soul

I eat at chez nous

I eat at chez nous??!! That cannot be what they are saying. If there is a Yes fan out there that can enlightening me, it would be much appreciated. I always liked this song, and it was one of those silly little things that just bugged me whenever I heard the song.

Jim, that's funny, 'give Jesus pants'. I've never heard that one.

I eat at chez nous??!! That cannot be what they are saying.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If it's not, then you and a gazillion cover bands are wrong :D . Sure sounds like that to me and when you think about it, it does kinda' make sense. He's saying that he likes her, and if she's interested he can be found eating at Chez Nous.. wherever that was.

BTW, hope that nasty weather missed ya'll.

Best, Paul

WUDAYAKNOW.. For the first time in my life, I'm wrong again!!

I eat at chez nous??!! That cannot be what they are saying.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If it's not, then you and a gazillion cover bands are wrong :D . Sure sounds like that to me and when you think about it, it does kinda' make sense. He's saying that he likes her, and if she's interested he can be found eating at Chez Nous.. wherever that was.

BTW, hope that nasty weather missed ya'll.

Best, Paul

When explained, it does kinda' make sense! Without thinking, it just seemed to be a random phrase that fit nicely and rhymed. :crazy:

I wish it missed us! I was without power for 1-1/2 days. A bunch of folks in the Tulsa area are still without power. We had about 1/2-1" of ice EVERYWHERE on Monday. It warmed up some yesterday and rained all day, which actually melted the ice. Repair crews from as far away as N. Carolina and Ohio have come in to assist with getting things powered up quickly, but they are saying that it may be next week before everyone gets power back.

Archived