Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where are all the bass players hiding??

Sugna

Angus here from King Rat - we're a London-based band that's starting to make some real headway in the industry (including supporting Marillion this year on their UK tour and Ray Wilson, ex-Genesis/Stiltskin and some BBC airplay) but our bass player has had to move to Australia.

Where do we find really good bass players (and I mean REALLY good) who are looking for a quality band to join in London??

Cheers

Angus

P.S. If anyone's interested, check out www.kingrat.net

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in London but i'm not really good sorry!!!

You will get great players in this forum.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

David. You should check them out. Seriously. Marrilion, Kino and It Bites are three of the best prog rock bands about. It would be worth just talking to the guys from Kingrat even if they decide not to audition you.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Cheers Tim but marylion was never my thing, and i've listen to one of their tunes and although pretty good on their style is not my cup a tea.

Anyway I wouldn't even make it to the audition.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Check out Marbles and Brave (and lots of other stuff) - I'm not so in to their Fish-era stuff (although funnily enough we played with Fish this summer, so I didn't tell him that), but their newer material is fantastic.

Cheers for the feedback - we'll keep looking. It can just be a bit painful (and sometimes pretty amusing) auditioning people who claim they can play and then have trouble just playing round a blues jam!

Archived