Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT..kind of........I was totally unprofessional.........

kerk

I recently saw on PBS a show with clips of an open air concert. I didn't catch where it was or if it was a benefit concert or what, but Bill Murray was the MC.

Anyway, Jeff Beck came on and did two songs. He was accompanied by a talented female bassist, who wasn't particularly attractive, but OK. When the camera would pan to her, I would try to catch her left hand finger work, but (this is where the unprofessionalism comes in), as much as I tried to check out her fingering, (she was wearing her bass high), I kept focusing on where her Fender J would perfectly cradle her right breast. She was sporting only a T-shirt.

As a bass student, I flunked this particular class. All I can tell you is that she didn't play below the 5th fret.......certainly that knowledge would not be enough to pass an after show exam.

Looking back to school, now I can see why I didn't do well in classes with attractive teachers.

Regardless, does anyone know who she is?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:grin:

I don't like to watch the fingers, I like to listen and watch faces.

I do find myself watching bassplayers' fingers too much sometimes -what is the point really? I never really learned anything from watching a player's fingers.

Oh . . . she's Tal Wilkenfeld and we've been talking about her for months! And she's been in BP!

What you saw, I believe, was part of the Eric Clapton 2007 Crossroads Guitar Festival, which PBS was broadcasting as part of its fundraising campaign.

It would be well worth you time to get the video, and watch it and listen again -- Tal is a phenomenal young talent.

Disc 1 arrived at my house via Netflix yesterday.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Phil I've learned with Bona at that gig in london, not always but sometimes you can learn something

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

It would be well worth your time to get the video, and watch it and listen again -- Tal is a phenomenal young talent.

Or maybe just get the CD to avoid being distracted by the breast.

I wouldn't be too hard (no pun intended) on myself if I were you. Tal is a pretty girl and if I weren't such a burnt-out, bitter, jaded old geezer, old enough to be her dad, I'd probably be distracted by one or both of her breasts, too.

Now, if we were talking about Diana Krall...Lordy!

She's a talented player and a very nice looking young lady.

Nothing wrong with admiring her for both.

:)

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Like they said on Seinfeld, breasts are like the sun--you gotta look simply because they're there, but if you look for too long, you'll get hurt.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

If I put my bass up high where it cradles my man-boob, will the girls look at me the same way you're looking at her? Somehow I just don't think it will have the same effect as when a girl does it! ;>0

Isn't this why guitar players wear their instrument really low and swing the neck around?

If I put my bass up high where it cradles my man-boob, will the girls look at me the same way you're looking at her? Somehow I just don't think it will have the same effect as when a girl does it! ;>0

Isn't this why guitar players wear their instrument really low and swing the neck around?

As a guitarist, I can personally tell you that the answer to this question is a emphatic "YES!"

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived