Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Manufacture Tape Delay & Reverb Unit...

miroslav

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you know, my fav. is the Tube Tape Echo, by Fulltone. Although, after the very poor customer relations that Mike Fuller himself showed me, I'd not buy anything from him again EVER. I emailed him with a question, and he told me to read the instruction manual!!! NO KIDDING. Now, he was right. But, in the time he took to send that unnecessarily condescending e mail, he could easily have answered my question, and I'd be praising him. I guess there's no accounting for taste.....

I also LOVE :love: :love: the Hughes and Kettner Replex Tube-Driven Tape Delay Simulator. It is quality, but NOT cheap;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hughes-Kettner-Replex-TubeDriven-Tape-Delay-Simulator?sku=151916

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Hmmn, on paper the features are quite enticing; I'm afraid to try one or even listen to clips, though, considering the price!

You gonna pop for one, miro'?

And, for the price, it seems it aughtta use a wider tape format, too...

And, not to unduly fetishize tubes, but it would almost have to be better yet with a tube design, and that price seems to warrant it!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

You gonna pop for one, miro'?

:grin:

I have a nice tape delay/reverb box...my trusty old Multivox MX-201...which is another take on the Roland Space Echo boxes.

It's not tube...but, that's not really much of *must*...as long as it treats a guitar signal well.

For my studio mixing applications...I exclusively use digital reverbs/delays...as I am not running the whole mix through the digital conversion, rather just Aux'ing out to the box and then mixing the reverb signal back in through the console with the existing dry signals.

For guitaronly use, I am on the hunt for a nice standalone spring reverb (tube or SS)...but nothing outrageously costly...as it's only a couple of springs and some basic electronic components. ;)

That EchoVerb is nice looking, and I'm sure it sounds great...even if it isn't tube. Actually, I don't think it's meant to be strictly a guitar box...but more for studio applications.

But I don't know why they went with the very small/fully tensioned tape loop design. I think the loose tray designs (like the Space Echo and my Multivox) are much better. The tape loops last longer, as there is more tape.

Also...if they have Sound-On-Sound capability (my Multivox does)...then the length of the loop really comes into play.

But I don't know why they went with the very small/fully tensioned tape loop design. I think the loose tray designs (like the Space Echo and my Multivox) are much better. The tape loops last longer, as there is more tape.

Also...if they have Sound-On-Sound capability (my Multivox does)...then the length of the loop really comes into play.

Agreed. It reminds me of my old Echolette, same size tape loop. No matter how carefully you made the splice, you still got a bad wobble every couple seconds, instead of once a minute as on a nice long Space Echo loop. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep my digital delays.

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

For guitaronly use, I am on the hunt for a nice standalone spring reverb (tube or SS)...but nothing outrageously costly...as it's only a couple of springs and some basic electronic components.

Have you checked these out?

www.zerotronics.com

Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser

Yes, Scott...I've checked out that website before.

Looks nice...though still a bit pricey for a basic spring reverb.

I don't understand why all of a sudden spring reverbs have fallen into the "boutique" price category...when theres really not a whole lot to them.

OK...maybe for a real high-end, all-tube unit with a nice cab...

I have my eye on several eBay offerings at this time...I'm sure I'll find a good deal eventually on a spring reverb.

I mean...this is only for "possible" live-gig use...IF...I ever decide to take my THD Flexi-50 out of the studio, as it has no built in reverb.

Chances are...I will rarely do that. I have other amps with built in reverb.

My old Traynor Mark 3 has wonderful tube driven reverb and tremolo...but the damn head weighs about 50-60 pounds. It has those MASSIVE Hammond trannies.

I think what I really would like to have is another tape delay boxtube would be sweet, as the Multivox is SS.

The Fulton TT looks greatbut thats a lot of clams just for a guitar effect.

I would rather spend that kind of money on a nice TC digital verb for the whole studio.

Say, miro-

-your Multivox MX-201 does reverb, as well as echo/delay? If so, how is the reverb? I'm not sure what to expect from tape-based reverb, I'm not certain whether or not I've ever heard it on any recordings, and I know I've never tried any tape-based 'verb before... What's it like, compared to spring, plate, digital, etc.?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Scott...I've also been checking out those Fender reissues. :thu:

Caevan...The 201 has a built-in spring riverb tank that can be blended in with the tape-based delay.

It also does this "Swell Reverb" that is real dense and will expand in thickness and level before it decays...very cool.

Archived