Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CP300 Control Help!

SpaceNorman

My beloved P200 died this week (zero output on either channel...tech says it's a board level issue). Given that the board was 7 years old, cost me $995 when I bought it - and the fact that I've got gigs this weekend - I happily replaced it with a new CP300.

One of my old P200's primary roles in my rig was to act as a controller for my Motif ES Rack unit - and in that role I had 20 or so "performance" patches stored that controlled setup on both the P200 and the Motif ES Rack unit. One of my favorite "patch" techniques was to disable the internal voice on the P200 from responding to changes from the Expression (volume) pedal - while allowing the data to be passed to the Motif ES Rack unit. When configured this way - I could load a piano patch on the P200 (using the slider on the P200 to set the volume) - and then use the expression pedal to swell in a second voice from the Motif ES Rack unit (i.e., organ, strings, horns).

I'm rushing to get my patches set-up for this weekend's gigs but can't seem the right combination of settings to do this using the CP300.

The only settings that control pedals that I could find were in the "Voice Edit" section - and using those settings I can turn the expression pedal on and off. However, when ON - it controls the volume of BOTH the internal CP300 voice and the voice active on the Motif ES Rack unit. When OFF - it's a dead pedal for both devices. I want the internal CP300 voice to ignore the volume pedal - and the Motif ES Rack unit to respond to it.

Can anybody with CP300 experience point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

The SpaceNorman :freak:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the Rosanne Rosanadana used to say..."Never Mind!" I found the solution. I needed to set the pedal option in the Voice Edit section to "Ctrl #007" rather than "Expression". Apparently "expression" applies to both - while "Ctrl #007" isn't recognized by the CP300's internal voice.
The SpaceNorman :freak:

Archived