Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Saw Abercrombie/Laverne last night

Magpel

Andy Laverne sure is an elegant and sophisticated player, and a great writer. They did a duo show last night in a little empty retail space around here--not much to say except that it is always a nourishing experience to see jazz masters ply their trade.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That must have been great. When I first saw the Keyboard Master Class thing, I thought of Andy. I hope the series will be successful enough that he could do a jazz master class for us. Pick a couple tunes, show how he'd do an intro, reharm it, solo through the changes, etc. He's such a good player and can explain it so well. I think the first time I heard Andy was on Tributaries w/ R. Sussman, another great one. I would have loved to have seen he and Abercrombie.

Yes, Ive loved his playing since I picked up a Stan Getz LP quite awhile ago, LP's called "Another World"...quartet w/a perc on some tunes, and smokin. Ive looked for it in countless stores on CD, but have yet to find it. Laverne has a few comps on it, double lp, does accoustic and Rhodes, some synth...excellent...

Archived