Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What should I use for live sequences?

Disco Greg

I play drums in a disco cover band. We are a large band, but also do include some live sequences (oxymoron?) to fatten up the sound of the band. Typically, I write the sequences in Pro-Tools and then record them into my Roland SP808. It has worked well as far as dependability, but I am a little worried about the age of my SP808.

I would like to find a new "box" to playback my sequences. Here are my concerns:

It must be dependable.

It must have a quick load time.

It must at least have stereo outs and separate click out.

I don't want to use a laptop or portable computer.

Any Ideas? Please share....

Thanks for your time and input in advance!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the forum. The Akai MPCs have been industry standard for awhile. Major label artists use them on tour. Check it out. Good luck. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I play drums in a disco cover band. We are a large band, but also do include some live sequences (oxymoron?) to fatten up the sound of the band. Typically, I write the sequences in Pro-Tools and then record them into my Roland SP808. It has worked well as far as dependability, but I am a little worried about the age of my SP808.

I would like to find a new "box" to playback my sequences. Here are my concerns:

It must be dependable.

It must have a quick load time.

It must at least have stereo outs and separate click out.

I don't want to use a laptop or portable computer.

Any Ideas? Please share....

Thanks for your time and input in advance!

How about the newer SP-404? I've seen lots of bands use this device. Do try the other forum, and also electro-music.com. You'll get more pontification than real help here on this topic.

Archived