Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

question

Chunk

I usually hang out in the guitar forum, however, I need a bassist opinion, and no this is not spam. I work for a pawn shop and we are selling a Schecter Stiletto Custom-5 Electric Bass Diamond series on ebay. And the question has been asked if we could ship it with the neck removed. Will this affect the tone or value of the bass?

all chucks children are out there playing his licks

*Bob Seger

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would ask why they want it removed? Do they think it will be cheaper shipping?

There is really no ill effect if it is put back together properly. Maybe suggest it is done buy a professional and you take no responsibility for damage done due to improper installation.

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Just cover your back side in case they try to put it back on with a driller or some sort of home made skills.

Yeah i'd assume that's because it's less likely to damage the neck if you ship separately, that's a good idea though.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Archived