Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Post videos of your favorite guitar/amp combo

caprae

Obviously this is not me, but it got me to thinking. With the extra holiday time (in the US at least) how about you guys with the gear posting a video of you demoing your favorite guitar/amp combo. Some of you have some sweet stuff to share that is just begging for a video.

Love the little distortion swell at 4:45.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously this is not me, but it got me to thinking. With the extra holiday time (in the US at least) how about you guys with the gear posting a video of you demoing your favorite guitar/amp combo. Some of you have some sweet stuff to share that is just begging for a video.

Holy $$it!! A '59 LP, and a TRAINWRECK..... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I think I've died and gone to heaven!!! LOL Trainwrecks go for more than any used amp out there....there are many reasons for this. Just LISTEN TO THAT TONE.....both clean, dirty, and in between. That amp just rocks!! I'd give a body part to have one.

My very good friend, Eliot, knew Ken Fisher personally, and Ken made him a Trainwreck of his own. Ken named each amp (he didn't like numbers, nor counting.....he supposedly didn't keep track of how many he made.....), and there is one out there with Eliot's wife's name on it..."Mindy".

Unfortunately, I met Eliot AFTER he had already sold his Trainwreck.... :(

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Okay, Dr. Vision. You need to post some videos of your gear.

Yeah, about that '59 and Trainwreck. I just stumbled on that, but had the same reaction as you. Pure tone sweetness.

I want to see what you all have now. Maybe Dr. Roboto can play do a video of the solo from Blue Collar through his while playing that latest Gibby? :)

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Holy $$it!! A '59 LP, and a TRAINWRECK..... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yeah... the tone was sweet but that LP was sweeter. That's a nice looking '59 that guy has. I would never take that thing out of the house. I certainly would never take it out to any rathole gig.

This is an amazing sounding amp!! This guy is a cool player too nice feel. I didn't see the link posted initially

Soulrock - I found that yesterday, too. You beat me to it. I like the LP through it a little better. I've been practicing setting my amp for a bit of a bite, then rolling back the volume to do those dirty swells. Now I just need to practice to learn how to play. :)

I have heard nothing but good things about Orange Tiny Terror. My buddy told me it sounded like his plexi on 10. But they don't have much clean headroom for a live band so he didn't get one.

i heard that. as long as i can get good crunch i am happy. there is always the guitar volume if i need to clean up.

a nice set of real efficient set of speakers will give up a little more volume. and one could use a mic and PA.

True dat!

We got lucky on the gig in the video. Our singer had hired a couple of the dudes he works with on UW sports telecasts to run cameras, so we had good quality video (although now I know I have to slip the dudes a $10 bill to get my face in the video...).

We were going to take a stereo feed off the soundboard, but there was a dude there to record one of the other bands on the bill with a ProTools rig. We paid him $50 to record us and give us the discs with the tracks. Then our singer, who does video work for a living, mixed the music and edited the video together.

Archived