Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What A Cool Companion For A Laptop Computer!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kewl, Yeah i've been working with this laptop for about a week and I'm almost ready to cut loose the desktop. I can fit the whole "recording studio" into a briefcase and a 4U rack. Science Fiction a few years ago.

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

It's amazing how much you can do with portable stuff these days. Get a laptop, Sonar and a bunch of softsynths, this little controller and maybe a Tascam US-428 and a mic, and you have a very powerful mobile setup. Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html Email: pokeefe777@msn.com

• 3 weeks later...
[quote]Originally posted by pokeefe777@msn.com: [b]It's amazing how much you can do with portable stuff these days. Get a laptop, Sonar and a bunch of softsynths, this little controller and maybe a Tascam US-428 and a mic, and you have a very powerful mobile setup.[/b][/quote] Sonar? How about Logic on a Ti G4 running HALion (or EXS24), Pro52 and Absynth, plus Waves Native Gold Bundle? How about a two space rack with a MOTU 828 and the Glyph drive that acts as a Firewire hub for up to three 828's. Oh, yeah, and that little keyboard thingy up there. Now THAT is a mobile studio!

Archived