Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

John Scofield discusses his new album

Billster

From NPR Sunday morning (links audio stream of radio piece, plus in-studio performance, and previous stories on Sco's Ray Charles album.)

"Everybody thinks country is this, soul music is this, jazz is this, folk music is this, and they all take on these social groups and whatever," he says. "But I just always loved that song...

There's a mantra for you. ;)

Enjoy. Discuss.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Everybody thinks country is this, soul music is this, jazz is this, folk music is this, and they all take on these social groups and whatever," he says. "But I just always loved that song..."
I concur. Too much extra-musical fashion, style and social baggage on many genres. It's about marketing, I guess. I like to think most of the time, I just like music... that piece, this song, etc....

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

That's great . He seems like a really cool cat who's open to alot of different stuff. He spoke in one article about being influenced by Digitech Whammy playing of Tom Morello

BTW-

Just got the new GP today (Jan 2008)and there is a nice John Scofield piece by D. Fox. (Brian May is on the cover)

Lots of really cool stuff in this issue! :)

Don't worry I won't give it all away..

Archived