Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Little Feat in North Florida

Zuben

For any of you who lives near Live Oak or Valdosta GA and have nothing to do on Sat the 17th, come on down. We use to call this gig hippy fest. It is 3 days long.

Sat is the headliner day. Along with Little Feat Sat night is Ivan Neville's Dumpsta Jam. Ivan kicks @ss and is a lot of fun.

I will be there but I might not be playing. I am a bit rusty and haven't had a chance to work the current material. BUT, it is pretty rare for me to show and not play. I was told to bring my axes.

We are all flying in as this is during a tour break. Ask around the tents for Mike J or look for a guy with a cane and back brace.

The gig location was changed when a group of religious funtalmentalists petitioned to have it stopped and threatened to picket it. The promoters just moved the gig to a location that has had many outside festivals.

Little Feat Show

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea yet. They made a run about 6 months back sans me (I wasn't going anywhere) Played Toronto, Hamilton, St Catherines, and a few more in Ontario.

Toward the end of the last half of the tour, they his a couple gigs in Manatoba.

I remember the Ontario run pretty well as Imagration Canda would let Kenny or Richie in country because of 20+ year old pot busts. They spent an afternoon at the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo (I think it was there) and got the band in Canada.

It was strange as they have been in and out of Canada at least 25 times since I was on the bus.

They haven't (management) posted the 3nd half of the tour (they are in mid tour break, a couple of months off to record and in the case of some members, join other bands on the road and studio.

Bill Payne is touring with Buffet right now.

When I know the planned tour schedule, I will let you know. It changes as dates are added but I can get a good idea when and where by where they are in between ad ons.

Peace

We could do a Little Feat Blues Fest in my basement.

I'll cook homemade pasta........ :)

Get me a good drummer (I am very spoiled when it comes to playing Little Feat) NA St Pauli Girl and we got a deal when I get mobile.

Peace

I've got a great drummer, but I mustn't have paid him well enough, as he's off to Boston these days. Muscians get complicated, you know. I do have a great backup, however.

St. Pauli Girl....regular, or dark? :/

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

And, more importantly, when will we see you in Loughborough?

:)

G.

Well, I'd gladly do the home made pasta in Loughborough. Only, I'm thinking McCallans in place of St. Pauli Girl???

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Been a big Feat Fan since the early 70's.

Never got to see them though. :(

Hey Zuben...you guys will be about 1.5 hours south of me.

Damn, I may have to fit that one in. :)

Will you have time for a meet & greet or too busy?

Oh yeah, where would you go to get a ticket or two?

Nevermind...I just found your link. :D

Randy

"Just play!"

Been a big Feat Fan since the early 70's.

Never got to see them though. :(

Hey Zuben...you guys will be about 1.5 hours south of me.

Damn, I may have to fit that one in. :)

Will you have time for a meet & greet or too busy?

Oh yeah, where would you go to get a ticket or two?

Nevermind...I just found your link. :D

Randy

Yea, we're flying in for the show and will be hanging out at the festival for 2 days. Also hanging out with Neville's, they are close friends and we have toured with all of them one time or another.

Look for a cripple.. LOL I probably will have a cane and will be wearing a back brace. Ask around the main stage on Sat for MikeJ

Peace

Archived