Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ZUBEN finally Posts Some Music!

Zuben

Do not get too excited. The quality has degraded after being converted 4 or 5 times and being over 20 years old. If I remember correcly, I borrowed a guitar from the band I was working for in the studio during a break. They had finished before they planned on so we had studio time left and tape to burn so I decided to give this classical electric a try. You can hear a few mis cues but I found it on a floppy, yes, floppy, that was in an old laptop case we gave our nephew a week ago. My wife wasn't sure what was on them and neither did I. A bit of a surprise.

Be kind very old

Peace

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool, Zub. :thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:

I did not know you played classical. That's awesome. Good recording, too.

Where did you say the flubs were? I must have missed them!! :)

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Doc,

I thought I had posted in the past that I was classically trained for years until I found Rock but I still love finger sytle. Finger style has payed a lot of bills.

Peace

Doc,

I thought I had posted in the past that I was classically trained for years until I found Rock but I still love finger sytle. Finger style has payed a lot of bills.

Peace

YOU HAD mentioned that you were classically trained. I must have thought classical, like piano. I didn't realize classical guitar. My bad.

As soon as I heard that clip, I KNEW that you were well trained in classical guitar!!! :thu:

One of my first experiences in seeing a guitar performance was when a friend and I took in a classical guitar performance at an very old church in our small town. I think I was in 7th grade. I love acoustic, and fingerstyle.

We need more music from you, Zub!! Good stuff.

Don

"There once was a note, Pure and Easy. Playing so free, like a breath rippling by."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=574296

http://www.myspace.com/imdrs

Sounds great Zubs, nice feel.

Now I am just drooling for some Strat through a cool amp and you jamming with some Little Feat or Bonnie Raitt....whatcha got?

I looked at Rocky's videos....I saw one Little Feat one I wondered if you were in it, the one with the hot rod in the beginning....white Strat witha dark pickguard....was that you?

Nice.

Yup, it's an anonymous folk melody from Spain, no specific title. Narciso Yepes (the guy who played that 10-string guitar) recorded it as part of the soundtrack for "Jeux interdits", a French movie about a little girl from a displaced Paris family during the Nazi ocupation. That's why sometimes it gets the "Forbidden Games" or "Juegos prohibidos" title, but it's usually referred to as "Romance anónimo", or "Anonymous Romanza" or "Romance".

Someone put lyrics to it... Vince, ever heard that Spanish singer that was famous in late 60's/early 70's Raphael (well I guess he's still around)? He used to sing it.

So, how 'bout some Little Feat or Bonnie Raitt? :)

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Sounds great Zubs, nice feel.

Now I am just drooling for some Strat through a cool amp and you jamming with some Little Feat or Bonnie Raitt....whatcha got?

I looked at Rocky's videos....I saw one Little Feat one I wondered if you were in it, the one with the hot rod in the beginning....white Strat witha dark pickguard....was that you?

Nope, That was Craig Fuller of PPL fame. I didn't start filling in until late 1991 when Craig was gettng undecided about life on the road

Very nice Zuben!!! I didn't realize you were a classical player either, so few of us around these days.

Thanks Gruupi,

My father was a semi professional concert pianist. I waz taking piano at 4 and went to the guitar around 11. All classical lessons until I was 14 and R&R took over. I never stoped playing classical or Flamico.

I have incorporated a lot of it in my finger picking and even rock tracks I have worked on.

My meditaion is sitting in a quite room and playing the blues or clssical.

Thank you everone for being overly kind. It came of a studio mixer 20 years ago to a 4 track cassette mixer/recorder.

Weeks later it was mixed to 2 tracks and left on a cassette. I dug up a handful of cassettes when I had a PC that recorded. So it went from a WMA fie to an MP3 file

How it survived is amazing.

Peace

So do you play electric with your fingers or with a pick. I ask because I was amazed in watching the EC Crossroads DVD at how many of the players just use their fingers.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Both. It mostly has to do with the song. I can't explain it but some songs Im more comfortable without a pick. If you watched the Crossroads DVD, you'll see a lot of guys go from fingers to picks.

Landslide is a good example of all finger picking. Even the lead. It gives it that soft feeling.

I always have a pick within a seconds reach.

Peace

Archived