Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do I disable Pitch-bend?

Tzouras

Hi there

My midi controller (M-Audio Radium 61) seems to have a problem with pitch bend. It continuously sends pitch bend data.

As a result programming is impossible.

Is there a way to filter out this pitch bend data coming in? Can I do it from within my sequencer? I am using Cubase SX 3.

Thanks

-----

Yiannis Georghiades

Chico, CA

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean 'has a problem"? If you don't want pitch bend, don't use it.

It is a controller, so any pitch bend information is being recorded and sent back to your sound modules. Start there with each module and set the ranges to 0, or remove pitch bend controller information from the track.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

My midi controller (M-Audio Radium 61) seems to have a problem with pitch bend. It continuously sends pitch bend data.

It sounds like a fault with your controller. Pitch bend data should only be sent when the control is moved.

Is there a way to filter out this pitch bend data coming in? Can I do it from within my sequencer? I am using Cubase SX 3.

I'm not sure about filtering inputs in SX3 but have a look at Midi Ox and Midi Yoke. http://www.midiox.com/

DigitalFakeBook Free chord/lyric display software for windows.

It does sound like your controller is malfunctioning. I don't know about Cubase specifically, but there almost always are input filters on sequencers somewhere. Sometimes called MIDI input filters, sometimes called receive switches... almost positive there's a solution there somewhere if you want to continue to use your M-Audio.

I can't help you specifically with where it is in Cubase unfortunately.

edit: Well it looks like your answer is in the duplicate thread. Forget what I just said.

Many boards allow you to disable it on the controller. Either globally or patch by patch. That's better because it won't use any MIDI bandwidth, whereas if you do it at the receiver end you lose some capacity in the channel which may cause MIDI jitter - that is, delayed notes.

Hmmm. It seems to be affecting your computer too, causing it to submit threads multiple times.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1824147/page/1#Post1824147

;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived