Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pocket Pod 2.0

Big Malky

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've piddled with one a few times at the local GC. It doesn't sound bad at all, in fact it's pretty cool. Not very practical for live performance, could be pretty useful for studio work.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

As the long-time owner of a Pandora 3 I would suggest giving it a look. The Pandora has proven to be a useful tool over the years albeit impossible to use live where dynamic changes are preferable. I've brought it on trips and played through headphones on airport layovers, used it for recording sans microphones and mixer and even plugged it into a live console when a single sound was all that was necessary. I can only imagine the Pocket Pod will have better sounds and easier use for all these purposes. Great little tool, IMO.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I had a PX3 way back when. It was a invaluable when I was doing road work out of province. I really had fun with the pitch shifting and phrase training features. I doubt the Pocket POD will have the quantity of features found in the Pandoras.

There is a PX3 and a PX4 sitting at the music store collecting dust right now. I took the PX4 home and played with it for about a week. Again, it has tones of features (er, tons). What it doesn't have, IMO, are convincing amp models. The Line6 family has some really decent amp models.

What really gets me is the difference in price between the Pandora series units vs the POD series units. I hope Korg has made back the money they've invested in REMS modeling, because they are going to have to come down in price to stay competative!

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Archived