Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

guitar safes

Bytored

Anybody here have a guitar safe? I have been thinking about getting a gun safe and converting it to a guitar safe. I know they make guitar safes but am thinking that converting a gun safe would not be that hard and save me some bucks. Also one of the plus' would be fire protection.

Heck, I could even put my guns in there :rolleyes::D:)

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only guitar safe I've ever seen is the Gibson. It's positively massive and I don't know if it's still in production.

Here's the Gibson webpage from 2002 describing the safe.

I've seen it up close many times at the Gibson Showcase and the (now closed) Gibson-owned, Valley Arts Guitar store. Very impressive.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I saw a locking wall hangar, where you hang the guitar from the neck and a locking bar comes across to keep it there.

Locking wall hangers are like padlocks, can be easily compromised. Like Ramp said keeps honest people honest. A safe is, well, so much safer.

Thanks Neil and Lee for the links. I ran across those in my search yesterday. I was just pondering the idea of a fire proof and safe alternative to just having my guitars and guns out in the open, or rather in the closet.

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

I have a 40 CU FT gun safe in my office. I have 3 Martins in cases and 8 long guns. A seperate locking compartment inside holds 4 hand guns.

I have room for 4 or 5 more cased guitars and a few more rifles.

I got it for fire protection #1 and gun safety #2.

Archived