Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just call me Victor Van Bassenstein

Switch hitter

yaknow, I knew when I started modding my First bass, a no name fretted Pbass. That I would make something unique. Well I think Im just about done. I have spent so much time on it that it is truely a work of art in my opinion. First off, I replaced the neck with an ebony fretless Jbass neck. I replaced the body with an alder one (as opposed to the plywood stock body). Replace the pickup with a Dimarzio Pbass, replaced the bridge with a peizo bridge and ran both pickups to seperate outputs. I run the magnetic pickup line into the bass side of a 1968 fender bassman amp head. And the piezo pickup goes through my pedal board and into the guitar side of the bassman amp. Giving me complete tone and volume adjusting capabilities for each pickup. Ever have that feeling where you just sit back and say "it is finished". Well Im having that feeling right now. :love: Ill take pics if anyone is interested.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually I did keep the original pickguard just to be able to say I have an original part, but eventually that suffered from the effects of a bad mod (I forget what I was trying to do... how sad is that). But the Tuners came with the neck. I bought it off warmoth. Actually I might split up my effects, because some I like on the magnetic side, some on the piezo side. Oh well, Ill figure it all out, I just got the whole bass set up yesturday.

I would but:

1) the original peices were junk and had to throw them away I.E. the neck had a horrible bow in it.

2) Selling them would net me a grand total of 25 cents

Ill try to post pics this afternoon, It sounds really sweet, though Im still experimenting with the sound.

Archived