Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

They're at it again!

Ian Sharrock

Just received this email...

Greetings,

My name is Mr. Peter Thomas; I reside in San Jose California in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.

My wife and I came across your advert online concerning your Music Band / Musician and we are highly impressed.

Basically, our only son is getting married first week next month and we would like you and your Band / Musician group to come perform at this memorable event.

My son as always been a fan of different musical Band / Musicians there in the United Kingdom and he would be highly flabbergasted to know that I went through thick and thins to have a Musical Band / Musician perform on his evergreen event of his life time.

At the event the will be a lot of highly respected Dignitaries and a whole bunch of renowned people, like other Artist & Comedians. That I supposedly believe that you would love to meet.

Allow me keep their name, so I wont let out all the surprises this event is going to bring for everyone.

I would be grateful if your esteemed presence is recorded here with us on this coming special day.

But before my son's wedding, you will have to come for an Auditioning in the USA.

Don't worry, Your Traveling Ticket Fees, Hotel Reservations, Feeding and every other thing would be taken care off by me.

Regardless of your charging fee for your performance.

Please Note that i personally made arrangement with a british record label to offer some assistance during your auditioning.

So if you are interested please quickly send us an email with the following details:

YOUR FULL NAME.........

AGE.........

ARE YOU A SINGLE SINGER?

ORCHESTRA?

OR ARE YOU GROUP SINGERS? (IF YOU ARE A GROUP, HOW MANY ARE YOU IN YOUR GROUP?)

ARE YOU A DANCER..................?

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU SING (e.g. Rock, Urban, Country, Techno, Oldies, Jazz)

DO YOU PLAY ANY KIND OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT (IF YES: WHAT KIND OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT)

I await your soonest reply to peterthomas_olako1@yahoo.com

Mr. & Mrs Thomas.

I would have thought if he'd seen our ads he would know what kind of band we are!

Seems no matter what you do in life, there's always someone out there trying to rip you off.

Gig rig: Motif XF8,Roland A37~laptop,Prophet 08,Yam WX5~VL70m.

Studio: V-Synth GT,Korg DW8000,A33,Blofeld,N1R,KS Rack,too many VSTs

Freefall www.f-music.co.uk

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have no respect for hard working Nigerians trying to eek a living out of marginal language and computer skills. This poor guy probably had to walk barefoot for miles to get an internet connection.

--wmp

I always send back nasty email responses to these assholes. Especially to the ones that put GOD into their emails. The above one doesn't, but the ones that do I make a point of telling them that "God will save an especially not place in HELL for people like them that use his name for stealing".

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

This type of scam doesn't bother me too much - these guys are too stupid to do much harm.

I do worry about scams that are so good they look legit. My brother owns his own company, and he gets fake invoices all the time. Somebody distracted enough could pay them and only realize it when it is too late. Or the type that prey on people during times of grief, like the scam where they scan the obituaries, and try to deliver packages to deceased people, and make their families pay for the purchases.

Other than the annoyance of the spam, these things are actually kind of humorous.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

My son as always been a fan of different musical Band / Musicians there in the United Kingdom and he would be highly flabbergasted to know that I went through thick and thins to have a Musical Band / Musician perform on his evergreen event of his life time.[/quote"]

Highly flabbergasted... :D

I love it.

Archived