Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If this is a duplicate, I am sorry. LA Member, A GREAT SHOW

Zuben

If this is a duplicate, I am sorry as It still hasn't shown up aan post it 5 or minutes ago.

All LA Ca members, On Sunday he 18th, if you have a evening open, drive to the Will Geer Theatricum for a tribute to Lowell George. Lowell was a dear friend of mine that left us all at too early an age. he was the man who opened the door to music and a different way to approach it to me.

I would have given y'all better notice but I have been in DC (Wash) at Georgetown Medical center and no one thought to call my DC home.

At last notice, Terry Allen, Paul Barerre, Jackson Brown, Richie Haywood, Fred Tackett, Van Dyke Parks, Valerie Carter and some unannounced artists.(I have heard from pretty good sources that there are 4 or 5 industry great joining the list) There is a slight chance I will be participating. The artist playing were all close friends of Lowell and knew him since his Factory and Frank Zappa days. Jackson was very close to Lowell and has covered many of his songs.

This is not only a tribute but proceeds will go to charity. Bedsides the music of Little Feat, Lowell, a rare appearance of Jackson Brown.

For the uneducated, Lowell George talent transcended his early passing and has influenced hundreds of musicians. Mick Jagger once called Little Feat the greatest live rock band. Bonnie Raitt thanked him (and Little Feat) when she accepted her Grammies. Van Hallen has even covered Lowell. When he was alive, he was voted on more than one list as the best slide player ever even with Duane Allman as competition. I can only dream of what he would achieved had he been with us longer.

It will be a well spent evening!

Peace

:thu:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a great show, Lowell was one of my heroes also

All, all that you dream

Comes through shinin silver lining

Clouds, clouds change the scene

Rain starts washing all these cautions

Right into your life, makes you realize

Just what is true, what else can you do

You just follow the rule

Keep your eyes on the road that's ahead of you

Lynn G

I wish that I could make that show. Sounds like on heckuva lineup. Hope you can make it, Zub.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Sounds like a great show, Lowell was one of my heroes also

All, all that you dream

Comes through shinin silver lining

Clouds, clouds change the scene

Rain starts washing all these cautions

Right into your life, makes you realize

Just what is true, what else can you do

You just follow the rule

Keep your eyes on the road that's ahead of you

One of my favorites but Paul Barrere, Bill Payne wrote that one.

Archived