Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O/T...Assault with a deadly.....notebook?

S. Yeti Bigfoot, Esq.

First...If a Sasquatch told me to do something believe me...I wouldn't question it... Second, I never had and kids nor does my wife... I don't know how you guys do it... It's such a different world now... Scares the hell out of me when I see some kids today.

(Trouble is...who's gonna' change my diapers when I get too old to do it myself?)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It amazes me that so many people just want to be friends with their children. I think that leads to a lack of respect. A friend of mine admits to being a little too much of a friend to her kids, and as they grow into teenagers, she's is paying for it at times. Thinking back to when I was a kid, I was a little scared of my folks. I know now that what I really felt toward them was respect. I see so many parents trying to reason with kids. My folks reasoning was 'Because I said so' or 'Because I'm the parent and your the child'. I really hated it then, but now I know what they were trying to accomplish. I only hope that I can be that parent for my 4 month old son as he grows.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

My wife and I were talking about child rearing the other day, and I was thinking of the old adage 'Children should be seen and not heard'.

Another thought about how we as a society cater to and coddle our children came to mind last night, while the wife and I were at the local mall. A few years ago, they built a fairly impressive little playground area inside the mall. As I looked at the playground packed with screaming kids, I thought it really seems ridiculous to even have a playground at a mall. When I come to the mall it's to buy something, not entertain my child. I'm sure that a quick trip to the mall to buy a shirt or shoes turns into a marathon session of '5 more minutes, pleeeeze!' or 'if your good in the mall you can play on the playground'. When I was a kid, my brothers and I were EXPECTED to be good when out in public. My folks sure didn't reward me for acting how I was supposed to.

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Raise your child and spoil your grandchildren...Spoil your child and raise your grandchildren... (or somthin' like that)

Amen!

www.myspace.com/donahelena

Support bored teenage ghost hunters. www.myspace.com/rock_paranormal

YEah, both mine are doing great.

They're now 25 & 29, have their degrees and the daughter who is the youngest, is now going after her doctorates. :)

She is happily married and she and her husband are doing quite well.

In other words....we don't have to support them. :D

Both have come back to me and said in private....you know, I hated your ass sometimes when we were young, but now that I'm older...I understand what you were doing.

You get a big old hug and at that moment...you get a great feeling and it's all worth while. :)

Your kids are successful and happy....and that's what it's all about. :)

Randy

"Just play!"

As I looked at the playground packed with screaming kids, I thought it really seems ridiculous to even have a playground at a mall.... I'm sure that a quick trip to the mall to buy a shirt or shoes turns into a marathon session of '5 more minutes, pleeeeze!'...

Yeah, but those extra five minutes usually means that people get bored and HOPEFULLY, they'll go buy something else to pass the time.

Re: PC

We've ALWAYS had "political correctness", it's just that it's changed over the years. Once upon a time, who would have ever suspected that priests or scoutmasters could be pedos? It wasn't "PC" to think that, and people didn't. We've always had PC.

As I looked at the playground packed with screaming kids, I thought it really seems ridiculous to even have a playground at a mall.... I'm sure that a quick trip to the mall to buy a shirt or shoes turns into a marathon session of '5 more minutes, pleeeeze!'...

Yeah, but those extra five minutes usually means that people get bored and HOPEFULLY, they'll go buy something else to pass the time.

Re: PC

We've ALWAYS had "political correctness", it's just that it's changed over the years. Once upon a time, who would have ever suspected that priests or scoutmasters could be pedos? It wasn't "PC" to think that, and people didn't. We've always had PC.

This is very true. In fact, in earlier times, the "politically correct" view was enforced by law, even to the extent of death.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Archived