Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Low headphone volume on Nord Electro?

Jeff_D_in_MD

I was trying out the Nord Electro 73 at my local GC the other day. I plugged in headphones and found the volume was quite low, even with both the "master level" and the "output level" knobs cranked all the way. The 61-key also seemed to have the same issue. I could hear myself, but not as well as I wanted--the volume was about equivalent to the halfway point on my P120. I tested the headphones using some other DP, which was plenty loud even at a modest setting.

Does the Nord Electro have unusually low level on the headphone output, or were these demo models somehow damaged, or what?

Yamaha P2 acoustic, Yamaha P120 digital, Nord Electro 3HP, QSC K10.

FOR SALE: Nord Electro 2-61.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was disappointed with the volume I was getting from my Electro through a recently purchased powered 300W cabinet, then I hooked up to the microphone input on the cab. Ah THAT'S better! With the Electro up hard (although 7 is heaps), I still don't drive the amp input enough to get even a glimmer on the clipping light. Which all seems to confirm weak Electro output.
"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

The electro is perhaps a little weaker than some keyboards in the output department, but if I play it through headphones with the volume turned up all the way it will make my ear drums explode. So I'm thinking that yours may have been defective somehow, or maybe it's time to look into a set of hearing aids. :) Turning the volume knob about 1/3 to 1/2 way up provides comfortable headphone volume on my electro.

Archived