Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

kanker comes to southern Colorado - shameless plug

kanker.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are all the festivals in August????

I played one last Saturday and have one this Saturday. I complain because we have our hottest weather in August. Our days have been in the upper 90's F to over 100 F. Add humitity to it and it feels like 110 F. I call these the sweat festivals.

Good luck to you guys and drink lots of water we need you around this forum.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Yeah, I hope the weather will be nice and mild for August. It'll be even worse for us lowlanders as the altitude makes your water and oxygen needs much greater than they are at home. I already drink water pretty much all day, so hopefully I'll be good on that end, but I really hope the heat stays away. I'll probably have enough red blood cells built up to deal with the altitude just about the time I need to get back on the plane...
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Man, kanker and I will both be out west that weekend! I'm playing with Corey Christiansen at the Park City Jazz Festival in Utah that weekend!

OH NO! Invasion of the midwesters!!!!

Looks like quite the B3 summit in PC that weekend, Jim ... Roger Smith will be there with Tower of Power and Ricky Peterson will be there with David Sanborn.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, time for a backline review.

Gear I used that I would use again without hesitation - Hammond XK3. Great axe, great feel, great sound, definitely something I would consider buying. Got to use one for two gigs with a 147 (that had some really crappy tubes) and it still sounded great.

Gear that I would rather punch myself in the balls than use again - Kurzweil PC2 and Roland KC-550. The Kurzweil, which I have never liked the sound of, was one of the worst playing keyboards I've played in a long time, and I had to deal with it for 2 gigs. I had forgotten that the only thing I liked less than the sound of a Kurz was the action. The CA-X has really spoiled me. Thank God I had my Electro Rack with me so I only had to deal with one of those two problems - the nasty sound of the Kurz. The Roland was exactly what I had not wanted - a keyboard amp. I only had to deal with that for one gig thankfully. How they manage to sell these things is beyond me. Boxy, boxy, boxy. To make matters worse, the preamp was distorting like crazy - with an Electro plugged into it. No way to get useable stage volume for the gig. I had specifically asked for a powered monitor such as a JBL EON G2 or for a separate monitor mix. How that turns into a POS keyboard amp is beyond me. Anyway, those are two pieces of gear I will have to remember to specifically mention that I do NOT want to have provided as backline.

Man, kanker and I will both be out west that weekend! I'm playing with Corey Christiansen at the Park City Jazz Festival in Utah that weekend!

OH NO! Invasion of the midwesters!!!!

Looks like quite the B3 summit in PC that weekend, Jim ... Roger Smith will be there with Tower of Power and Ricky Peterson will be there with David Sanborn.

Got to talk to Roger Smith briefly; very nice guy. He played fantastic. Didn't get to speak with Ricky Peterson unfortunately. It was a lot of fun and the B3 provided by the backline company was minty and sounded beautiful!

Kevin, the XK3 is absolutely unbeatable through a real Leslie. What's more, I just got done customizing a tonewheel set on mine that closely matches my '58 B3. Wait until you play it; it will knock you out!
Do you mind drool on your organ? Ummm.....

Errr.....

:rawk:

Archived