Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PRS - Like I Need GAS?!

Zuben

As I reported earlier about playing a guys PRS, I want to up date that.

I stopped at a music store this morning while killing some time before my flight.

I played 4 PRS's. 3 of their $$ US models Gloss, Signature and a satin. I didn't care for any of them.

I played a SE standard in Mahogony and liked it a lot. Enough to buy it. I am still smiling on how they made me feel One guy recognzed me from Little Feat and another from touring with Bonnie. (I remembered the guy becuase he had a backstage pass and talked with me for about 15 minutes) The gave me this obscene discount, a great hard case and took a bunch of pictures of me in the store wearing a store T shirt they gave me with the caveat that I will sign them when I get back. I dont even get that treatment in my own home store! LOL

I will be playing around with it on the flight back I have a tiny 9 volt amp and decent headset. I am flying 1st class because of my back so it should be no problem :rawk:

Peace

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, nice treatment. I didn't know they let you carry guitars on the plane. I heard from my guitar tech (who owns an SE model) that the wiring, switches, etc. are all the same as the USA models.

Edit: Now that I think about it, they just bought themselves some advertising. What they lost on the guitar they'll probably make up on people wanting one just like yours. Everyone wins. I predict PRS SE sales are going to be going up for that store.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Hey Zub, I am gonna bring you with me the next time I go to the music store!! LOL

What can this strange device be?

When I touch it, it gives forth a sound

It's got wires that vibrate, and give music

What can this thing be that I found?

I got the same impression when I first played an SE. I actually preferred it to the real thing, which really surprised me, cuz I was impressed with the real thing.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Y'know, mabe the SE's just feel a bit more played in, cuz people ain't afraid to give 'em a dance, cuz the price ain't too scary. I bet the staff are allowed to noodle more on SE's than the $$$$$ ones, and set 'em up to their liking.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived