Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, this was really cool...(290 story)

C.J. Lewis

...and I wanted to share it with my fellow addicts...er, I mean forumites. A couple of months ago, I was cruising around Denver visiting the stores that I represent products to, when I decided to stop into Onofrio Pianos. I had never met Joe (the owner) before, and during the 'nickel tour', we walked into the recital hall, where perched in all its glory, was a 290. You know - the Bosendorfer 290. I got all fuzzy inside - kind of like the first time my wife put her ha...ANYWAY...

Of course I asked Joe if I could play it. 'Play it?' He said 'How about if we record you?'

'OK', I said...(as long as I can play the thing, I'm thinking)

So I sit down to this monster (she's huge), and play a few little dittys when Joe starts showing me this Kawai direct to disk recording device resting on the piano. Apparently, it contains a couple of small microphones that are attached to the under side of the sound board, and it records directly and burns to a CD. Pretty cool, I thought.

Since I've never been able to figure out how to attach a pic to this forum, I'm certainly not about to undertake trying to attach an mp4, so I just put it on my homepage @ www.digitalrevolutionmarketing.com bottom left. For those of you who have never heard a live 290 before...well, after listening, you still won't have heard a live 290...but you'll get a pretty good idea of the inspiration that one envokes while playing.

Have a great weekend!

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what was the piece you played... I thought I was listening to Bruce Hornsby... sweet playing and awesome piano.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I got all fuzzy inside - kind of like the first time my wife put her ha...ANYWAY...

...handbag in your lap and asked you to hold it? :)

thought so

:snax:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

ivorycj, you sound great and did that piano a favor. I've never sat at an instrument like that before and I can't imagine what it's like having something like that at home. I'd drive my wife nuts.

...and thank you SG. Unless it's drag and drop, I dont' get it yet ;-)

Thanks, everyone - it was an amazing piano.

oh -- handbag -- I get it :sleep:

:grin:

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

oh -- handbag -- I get it

Whew. I was beginning to think that everybody's short term memory was screwed up. :)

Bloody hell.

:snax:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived