Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Something Stupid to Do

The Bear Jew

OK, I figured I'd share this with you guys because it seems likely that you'll appreciate it, find it humorous or at least indulge me enough tolerate this story of something I inexplicably find utterly amusing.

I call it "You're a..."

It works like this:

In the course of a conversation, someone says something relatively inocuous (but relevant to the topic at hand), but you (as a semi-active participant in the conversation) are bored with the topic. You take the last word or sentence fragment of what that person said and mumble (loud enough to hear clearly, of course) that THEY are whatever they just said, no matter what it was.

For example...

Person: "I think I'll try some flat-wound strings on my P-bass."

You: "YOU'RE a P-bass."

It's fun to do at rehearsals, social gatherings and funerals...

"And now we'll read the 23rd Psalm..."

"YOU'RE a Psalm."

Immature? Certainly.

Pointless? Definitely.

Entertaining? In my simple little mind, yes. Endlessly.

Yes, I am aware of the similarity between this practice and something Napoleon Dynamite did in the film that bears his name--"Your MOM goes to college"--but this is different and infinitely more stupider.

Yeah, I said "more stupider."

Anyway. Be aware that I'm planning to do this here now, and I invite everyone to join me in this practice, especially in threads where folks ask about the best strings to use or which Victor is a better bassist--Wooten or Bailey?

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a knot.

All right, it's a tie. ;)

I don't know... it reminds me of this mindless game kids play in Spanish speaking countries, where one asks the other

"Do you want to hear the story of the good pipe?"

"Sure, how's it go?"

"I didn't ask you about how it goes, I asked you if you wanted to hear the story of the good pipe!" And so on, ad infinitum... or ad nauseam, which ever comes first.

Yes, I am aware of the similarity between this practice and something Napoleon Dynamite did in the film that bears his name--"Your MOM goes to college"--but this is different and infinitely more stupider.

That was Kip!

;)

You're Kip.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Archived