Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Zuben needs some strong anti GAS juice!

Zuben

I am soooooo glad I left the big money credit card with my wife or I might not have a wife. When we were in LA, we stopped at 2 HUGE guitar stores! Holy Cashola, Batman!

I guess if you live in Beverly Hills, they figure you can pay $30K for a $10k guitar.

The store manage had to rip a 1959 Les Paul from my grips.. well.. almost. They had a 57,58 and 59 all in a row. The 58 was a gift from the guitar gods. what sound!

In the cheap seats they had an Ibeneze 1981 artist. NOS! WAY tooo much $$$$$$ I bought the same guitar, color, neck and hardware for $250 at a store that was goig out of business in 81.

I sold it and the next day KNEW I had made a mistake. Been looking for a good one since. But not at these prices!

Man, I need a few top tens or win the lottery!

Peace

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devil on shoulder says:

"Zube, considering the current project you're working on, isn't snagging that '58 right now the only reasonable thing to do to? It could inspire you, and that would be priceless.

Hey it's an investment too. Could probably sell it at a tidy profit in a year....."

Angel:

"Those Beverly Hills guitars are way overpriced! You've got good guitars already, and it's the playing, not the instrument that's most important...."

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived