Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gibson es 347.....feedback

Moonfish

Hi...I've got feedback problem with my Gibson es347.........I don't use extra distorsion or a lot of gain....and the amps aren't so loud. (I use Twin Reverb)

When I use the bridge pick up with a tubescreamer or a Rat.......on stage or in a rehearseal room, it's difficult to take down the feedback.....

I don't play so loud!!!! How can foofighter or Greenday guitarist's play on stage with Gibson 335 plug into a lot of Mesa or Marshall stacks at high volume?......and their sound hole are not close!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allot of it is going to depend on your playing position relative to the amp. I use my 335 or L4CES all the time through a Marshall half stack at very high volume and have no feed back problems at all. Maybe try a few things, if you Twin is sitting on top of another cabinet putting it at the same level as the guitar try putting the Twin on the floor. If you have the Twin kicked back on it's tilt legs try it without using the tilt feature. If you are not using any kind of EQ on your peddle board, maybe you should borrow one and tweek the frequencies that are causing the feedback. Sometimes packing the body with insulation could help reduce the problem? Also sometimes other instruments can cause the 347 to resonate at certain frequencies (bass can do this) ...have the bass player eq his bass or move his cabinet relative to where you stand while playing.

MP: That was my thought, too. Are they covered pickups? You might be able to take them out and heat them with a hair drying just until they wax starts to flow.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Archived