Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

so...who can....

slap-pop-karl

Bass Slap Solo. i think there amazing but i cant yet do them, well ones that i want to do anyway. not saw an easy one yet. i was like this :o when i saw fleas Coffe shop 2nd solo (hes got 2 in that song) and i was wondering who can play like that??

Okay I got my hair cut! Its now this short *shows how short using hand*

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slap, check out youtube and type.

marcus Miller

larry graham

victor wooten

Stanley clarke.

See you next month co's you will be busy watching those great players

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

they are all good different styles that's all

Tony Oppenheim wrote a book on how to slap check it out

so thats what u ment, i serched the name and got some thing about a woman. il check it out. i do think i need improving.

Lets get down to business gentlemen! I want that bagel now!...Don't forget the lettuce!

i slap bad enough to cover some RHCP songs and that's all

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

les i dont like him, i like the guy from primus, and yes flea is over rated but i genarly go off his style of playing it harsh. David i find chilis hard when its there older songs....

I love to play Aeroplane. Nice slap riff

Aeroplane i cant do that, i can do jungle man, naked in the rain (untill solo), part of get up and jump (arm gets tired), and well bassically i can do bits from most of there songs, i can only play bout 5 full ones i think/

I used to slap a lot, I could get a good way through Sinister Minister and the intro to Classical Thump by Wooten and all of Tommy the Cat and Lacquerhead by Primus among other snippets from RHCP and Level 42. I got tired of slapping though, its really 'gimmick' and doesn't fit well in most music, its nice for showing off and for occasional fills, but fingerstyle is just so much more versatile and applicable.

yeh i know what u mean, its like tapping on a guitar, really good for showing off.

I used to do a lot of slappin', but the last few years I haven't had the need to play it with the songs I've had to learn, so I've really let that technique slide away in to virtual nothingness.

I threw in a little bit of everything in this short, but gratuitous solo from several years ago:

Chewy's old solo

A stiffy somewhere in the city sewer system...

I've done maybe one or two bass solos, none of them were slap/pop. The closest to slapping I get is when plucking above the fingerboard on fretless and trying to mimic a bluegrass URB player getting that percussive "string flopping."

I used to do a lot of slappin', but the last few years I haven't had the need to play it with the songs I've had to learn, so I've really let that technique slide away in to virtual nothingness.

I threw in a little bit of everything in this short, but gratuitous solo from several years ago:

Chewy's old solo

that ur band??

2rizzo9247: )))))))))))))))))

Slap surely is overrated))))) it's put in where it should and shouldn't be. No sound check without bassists slapping and popping - generally teenagish look-at-me thing.)

Bassplayers of the world, unite!

2rizzo9247: )))))))))))))))))

Slap surely is overrated))))) it's put in where it should and shouldn't be. No sound check without bassists slapping and popping - generally teenagish look-at-me thing.)

most bands put it in the right place, but newer bands just starting up usually dont.

that ur band??

Former band. I think out of the lot, only two of us are still playing. I still see them all several times a month and talk to most weekly, but we are no longer a band.

A stiffy somewhere in the city sewer system...

that ur band??

Former band. I think out of the lot, only two of us are still playing. I still see them all several times a month and talk to most weekly, but we are no longer a band.

thats kool, thought u sounded ace.

Archived