Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Experiences with WinXP

So far I generally like everything much better (except for the default gaudy interface.) It "feels" much more solid than 9x, and the one time an application crashed, it didn't threaten the stability of the whole machine. I was used to at least a daily reboot, if not two. Anyway, the one hitch I've discovered is that I can't get Sonar to recognize the Echo WDM drivers (Darla24). I didn't have a problem under the gawd-awful ME... Anyway, forcing MME drivers makes the Darla24 available and the performance is okay, but my whole intention was to have a more stable platform AND WDM drivers. Has any one experienced and/or solved a similar issue? I have emails to Cakewalk and Echo, but I don't expect to hear anything soon... Thanks, Dembones

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm using the same drivers for my Mona under Win XP and it works flawlessly with Sonar. Did you use the Echo installer program to install the drivers? Have you tried removing and then reinstalling the drivers if so? If you feel the drivers are installed properly, then try deleting the aud.ini file in the Cakewalk Sonar directory. This will force Sonar to re-analyze your audio hardware. Feel free to e-mail me privately if you can't get this working.

demtation, Do you upgrade to XP or did you do a new complete install? My wife told me that she heard from people that the upgrade is not as stable as the complete install. I am considering doing the upgrade from ME (yikes :eek: )but my wife is convinced it won't be stable.

KJ

-------------------

"50 million Elvis Presley fans can't be all wrong" - John Prine

Archived